BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

+6
FRITZGERALD
bonner
sayonako
Dylan
pepper
Ray
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review - Page 3 Empty Re: BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Castillo, You are one smart lady, very promising...keep it up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review - Page 3 Empty Re: BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Kleiner, I still don't get it...but what the heck, you have the crown already...make the best out of it...Goodluck. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Kauffman, Dear my oh my, your hot, sexy and very elegant. You didnt won anything but you won my heart. Consider Miss Phil. Earth so that you cn prove your worth as a beauty Queen. You have the looks and the heart for it just like Ruais and Misa. Make the earth stumble upon the three of you.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:04 pm

EL JUGADOR'S THOUGHTS ON BINIBINING PILIPINAS 2010
Thanks OPMB for The Photos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

* Surprisingly, the pre-pageant night was better than the actual pageant, production-wise. Maybe I expected too much. The stage was still world class though. No more "candle" bakcgrounds, etc. There were too much lengthy spiels "she-measures-34-23 3/4-35s", yadah,yadah,yadah which made each segment rather dragging. It could have been better but BPCI still earned my praises last night. Good job!
* Lady Gaga's Papparazi Remix was a bad idea of an opening song. The music for the swimsuit and evening gown segments were slower unlike the pre-pageant's very upbeat music. It was less exciting.
The opening gowns looked great on the girls! They looked majestic, making most of them look taller.
* I was not particularly impressed with the Carla Abellana-Dindong Dantes hosting tandem.. Carla's fab white gown was her saving grace! Venus would look great with it in Miss Universe. Who designed it? Anyone?

* The Cumbia gowns showcased last night were better ones compared to the previous editions of Bb. Pilipinas. The only gown that caught my eye was Rachel Bustamante's. The others were passable. I was bothered with the partial slit on Nicollette Henson's gown. It ruined the gown's supposedly nice design.

* Venus should have won BEST IN SWIMSUIT instead of Krista whose body looked really weird. She had the most flirtatious catwalk though. Venus's overly accessorised evening gown wasn't really the best either. I would have chosen Mariella Castilo over her.
* Ironically, I found Mariella Castillo's catwalk to be lame in the swimsuit competition. Selena Antonio added some bounce and oomphh to her catwalk but it was too late. Most of the girls had flat buns. Only Nicole Kauffman had a nice one.

MY TOP TEN PREDICTION

MU - Gwendoline Ruais
MW - Maria Venus Raj
MI - Krista Arietta Kleiner
1st RUp - Helen Nicollette Henson
2nd RUp - Diane Necio

Selena Antonio
Mariella Castillo
Toni Alyessa Hipolito
Czarina Gatbonton
Ana Marie Morelos

Legend:
Red - Correct Top Ten Prediction
Orange - Correct Prediction and Placement

ACTUAL RESULTS

MU - Maria Venus Raj
MW - Czarina Gatbonton
MI - Krista Arietta Kleiner
1st RUp - Diane Necio
2nd RUp - Helen Nicollette Henson

Mariella Castillo
Gwendoline Ruais
Kate Princess Alimurong
Rose Ann Aguilar
Mary Ann Ross Misa

* I got 4/5 in the Top 5 with 1 correct placement, 7/10 semifinalists plus 1 alternate, Mary Ann Ross Misa. I regret not putting her in my Top Ten to have a better prediction list. You see, she was just too lousy and monotonous but the saying height is might could be true. I should have taken Morelos out. I honestly wasn't impressed with her pre-pageant performance but I was hoping her international exposure would help her. Apparently, it didn't.

* I did not regret not putting Aguilar and Alimurong in my list. They were definitely "surprises" to me.

* Do you still think this is the best batch ever? The Top Ten's answers in the QnA portion were sooooooo disappointing. Only Kleiner nailed it! Most beautiful maybe but I'm having doubts with labeling them the "best".

* Gwen was such a BIG, BIG, BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! I thought you wanted to win Universe, Gwen but you were way too lousy on the ramp and unsure, almost uninterested in answering your question.
* I so thought Nicollette Henson would grab one of the crowns after winning three special awards. I dunno if others noticed but she became too calm and complacent as seen in her facial expression. She gave a good answer but it didn't have any impact.
* Necio gave the first sensible, unrehearsed answer but she looked less beautiful last night. Will she come back when she's already eligible for Miss Universe? Wish you were taller.

* Of the three queens, I guessed Krista Kleiner's placement (only) correctly but I firmly believe that if based on the QnA alone? I think Krista SHOULD HAVE BEEN Bb. Pilipinas Universe.
* I was shocked with Venus's placement at first. She won Universe despite looking old and harassed with a Grade C-beating around the bush-answer! Then I realized that she's still a good choice. Like I said in my final list, she's the most prepared candidate and I really wouldn't mind seeing her win Universe title. One more thing, she really reminded me of Lia Andrea Ramos last night. If the brainy Lian was ignored...I dunno. I hope her 22 inch waistline will help her but wasn't Lian's 23 inches?!

ON CZARINA GATBONTON'S VICTORY

Czarina was Manila Bulletin's Readers' Choice Awardee. Her victory was really unexpected basing on her answer alone using our native tongue. If I were to reassign the three queens' titles, I'd give her Bb. Pilipinas International.

Believe it or not, I found Czarina the prettiest candidate last night. She was channeling a dusky Maricar Reyes. Her beauty was a breath of fresh air. She was raw, alright but it definitely worked to her advantage.

I really don't understand Pinoys who can't be contented and happy for our queens. Let the foreigners bash them as they have their own so-called international standards of beauty. What I can't accept are Pinoys who can't control their emotions, bash a winner who just went on stage to be herself and compete. Poor Ms. Gatbonton!
Watch out! Czarina wasn't bad at all. She's very pretty, charming and sweet -- a quality common to most Miss World winners. Do not listen to pageant psychic wanna-bes. They are not God.

* The farewell walk of the reigning queens was quite emotional especially for Bianca.
* The 2010 queens' reactions when they were declared winners were heart-melting. Czarina's reaction was priceless! It made me remember Miss Hungary Universe's reaction when she was called in the semis in 2006. Venus tried to repress crying and not looking good with it. Hah! Krista on the other hand obviously expected and wanted more.
* The pageant was successful in general. Congratulations BPCI and Madam Stella Araneta for making me look forward to Binibining Pilipinas 2011 as early as today.

Til here for now. More insights when Youtube Vids/Pictures start popping out! This is my quick review. What's yours?

Last edited by el_jugador on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 16 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 pm

remember 10% na lang ang q and a and accumulated points pa ang results. from SS round, EG and Q&A. kung pasok sa bangga ang EG and SS round mo, kahit na magbuckle buckle ka sa Q&A, pasok ka pa rin. pero kung di kagandahan performance sa EG at SS round tapos super galing mo sa Q&A, wala pa rin.

yan lang analysis ko. ayaw ko na magpakapageant expert dahil sa kanila na yang tag na yan
FRITZGERALD
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by edwoct1026 Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 pm

for me i prefer the pre pageant night stage, thought its very Miss Universe at least its more appealing than the pageant night stage. Carla Abellana is not a good idea to be the anchorwoman she is a mess... she dont even know how to deal with DindDong... for me I believe Krista deserves her award as best in swimsuit she is fit, though masculine still she still has the "landi" factor., to RUAIS i thought she will give her 1million power to prove to everyone that she is a threat, but a big disappointment she didnt shine at all. thank god they change the gowns, the variety of colors, design and the way the girls move. in the top 10 selection definitely there are surprises. in the question and answer portion i thought they will "EAT" each other, but sadly there were only few who really shine that round namely: KLEINER, HENSON, NECIO, MISA and ALIMURONG... to Miss RAJ she should know how to be relax you can see that she was to tense., iam not impress to RUAIS she is poiseless. GATBONTON... her answer is ok but i think she should give more life to her answer... in the result its really very surprising to the runners up and to the top 3 placements... i still believe that the result should be like this if they give more imporatnce to the BEAUTY and BRAIS :

Binibining PILIPINAS UNIVERSE: KLEINER
Binibining PILIPINAS WORLD: HENSON
Binibining PILIPINAS INTERNATIONAL: MISA
1st Runner up: NECIO
2nd Runner up:RAJ

peace to all... iam not against to the new winners but i just dont like the placements... but still at the end of the as a FILIPINO... i will still support our candidates to the best that i can...
edwoct1026
edwoct1026

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:18 pm

@ Fritz: Yeah, this criterion started during Janina San Miguel's time I think.
@ edwoct: That's the attitude all Filipinos MUST have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Great Review!! I am excited about your next posts for the Miss Philippines Earth. Keep it up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks boom! You've been very supportive to my threads.
Btw, I'd like to share this pic of Venus by Raymond Saldana.

Venus is showcasing one of her strengths -- knowing how to pose and play with the camera. Imagine her Fadil Berisha shot. I'm excited!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eblazer Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:48 am

Venus will probably give a good fight come MU2010, with her very sexy body, right height, and an aura of a beauty queen-model. I'm kind of bothered with her eyebags, I hope it will be fixed before MU since this is the only physical flaw I've seen from her so far. And she also need to polish her communication skills. I will support Venus and she's much better than Jennifer Barrientos in MANY ways and aspects!

I was so so soooooooooooo disappointed with Gwen Ruais. I don't know why she wasn't able to give her best during that night - the final night! I thought she has everything to edge all other candidates as she has the "complete package" and the assets that MU is looking for. She haven't improved her lousy catwalk to think she's a model! She was so TIMID that night! Her mother, an International model, should have been her mentor! During the Q& A, gosh, it was supposedly her blast but she seemed nervous and she just answered the question so fast and so flat! She should have pause for few seconds before opening her mouth. The question thrown to her was really not that difficult and she could have answered it in a very pageant patty way, voila, she could have one of the crowns that night!

After seeing the performances after the top ten has been called, I have no doubt that Gatbonton emerged as one of the winners. The girl has a sexy body, a lovely smile and a pretty face. She just need to improve her communication skills as well. If I were one of the judges last night, I could guarantee Nicolette or Dianne to win one of the crowns.

Krista, I don't really find her beautiful, pretty maybe, but her personality (which Gwen doesn't have) was her edge against the other candidates. I still have to support her because she's one of our reps for international pageant. I have no doubt on her communication skills and the only thing she needs to improve is her smile. She looks good if she smile less.
Eblazer
Eblazer
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : Cebu City

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 am

I love how passionate and hardcore are many of you guys ( specially from The Philippines!) about pageants... just like the Venezuelans!!! heart
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF VENEZUELA

Location Location : Now California/ Florida- USA

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 pm

me i find Henson and Necio the prettiest that night
bonner
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:25 pm

bonner wrote:me i find Henson and Necio the prettiest that night

i THOUGH HENSON SHOULD HAVE PLACED HIGHER THAN NECIO... SPECIALLY AFTER GETTING THIS MISS PHOTOGENIC AWARD....
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:44 am

Right!

Oisssttt Prince! Stop spreading your legs!BEHAVE!
Hahahah

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:52 am

el_jugador wrote: Right!

Oisssttt Prince! Stop spreading your legs!BEHAVE!
Hahahah

OMG!!!! how dare you!.... whahahahaha!! hysterical tongue out
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:15 am

Eblazer wrote:Venus will probably give a good fight come MU2010, with her very sexy body, right height, and an aura of a beauty queen-model. I'm kind of bothered with her eyebags, I hope it will be fixed before MU since this is the only physical flaw I've seen from her so far. And she also need to polish her communication skills. I will support Venus and she's much better than Jennifer Barrientos in MANY ways and aspects!

I was so so soooooooooooo disappointed with Gwen Ruais. I don't know why she wasn't able to give her best during that night - the final night! I thought she has everything to edge all other candidates as she has the "complete package" and the assets that MU is looking for. She haven't improved her lousy catwalk to think she's a model! She was so TIMID that night! Her mother, an International model, should have been her mentor! During the Q& A, gosh, it was supposedly her blast but she seemed nervous and she just answered the question so fast and so flat! She should have pause for few seconds before opening her mouth. The question thrown to her was really not that difficult and she could have answered it in a very pageant patty way, voila, she could have one of the crowns that night!

After seeing the performances after the top ten has been called, I have no doubt that Gatbonton emerged as one of the winners. The girl has a sexy body, a lovely smile and a pretty face. She just need to improve her communication skills as well. If I were one of the judges last night, I could guarantee Nicolette or Dianne to win one of the crowns.

Krista, I don't really find her beautiful, pretty maybe, but her personality (which Gwen doesn't have) was her edge against the other candidates. I still have to support her because she's one of our reps for international pageant. I have no doubt on her communication skills and the only thing she needs to improve is her smile. She looks good if she smile less.

Gwen is the Kathleen Phyllis Guerrero of 2010. Smile Both were expected to excel in all segments (most especially in Q&A). However, both didn't take the pageant seriously. Hope Gwen will join again.
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Eblazer Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:59 pm

You're very right Chino!

The good thing about Gwen is, she still have another time to come back and compete because she's still 20. It might be her year next year if she'll join again. Gwen was actually from Cebu but moved to Muntinlupa right? But for next year, I'm crossing my fingers for these Cebuanas to compete - Cebuana-British Kris Tiffany Janson (19) and Marguerette Nikki Taylor (20). Another girl who I'm hoping to see next year is the Aussie-Cebuana Nicole Schmitz (22) who was a semi-finalist last 2007. These two girls are models who can really talk the talk and walk the walk.

For the meantime, I'll give Venus my full support. She's a real beauty both inside and out! If she can maintain or even improve more on herself (physically and mentally), she'll be as competitive as the Latinas and other strong Asian and European delegates. She should keep an eye on Miss Venezuela, Miss Russia, Miss Mexico, Miss Puerto Rico, Miss Colombia and Miss Japan. These girls really wanted to do anything just to get the Miss Universe 2010 title.

Mabuhay and Goodluck Venus Raj!

sayonako wrote:
Eblazer wrote:Venus will probably give a good fight come MU2010, with her very sexy body, right height, and an aura of a beauty queen-model. I'm kind of bothered with her eyebags, I hope it will be fixed before MU since this is the only physical flaw I've seen from her so far. And she also need to polish her communication skills. I will support Venus and she's much better than Jennifer Barrientos in MANY ways and aspects!

Gwen is the Kathleen Phyllis Guerrero of 2010. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Both were expected to excel in all segments (most especially in Q&A). However, both didn't take the pageant seriously. Hope Gwen will join again.
Eblazer
Eblazer
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : Cebu City

Back to top Go down

Post by edwoct1026 Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:17 pm

lets stop bashing all our new queens... they deserve all our supports after all they all undergone the same judgment last Saturday, though many of us are disappointed still these girls truly deserve to give them 100 percent support from us, Miss Universe is so near so let us support and believe in Venus that she can pentrate in the semis... for KRISSA though she has what it takes to be the representative of the philippines in Miss World, however she is still good for Miss International. and for CZARINA she has a lot of time to prepare and to prove to everyone that she is worthy for her title... go 2010 team PHILIPPINES... like every year PHILIPPINE team beauties always have my support even in my own little ways... Very Happy
edwoct1026
edwoct1026

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3