BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Earth's Continental Powerhouse

3 posters

Go down

Miss Earth's Continental Powerhouse Empty Miss Earth's Continental Powerhouse

Post by sayonako Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:37 pm

We have seen the crowning of the 10th Miss Earth titleholder last November 22, 2009 in Boracay, Philippines. Miss Earth indeed has been successful through the years with its cause and advocacy of promoting environmental awareness.

It's considered as one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world along with Miss Universe and Miss World contests in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals. The reigning titleholders dedicate their year to promote environmental projects and to address issues concerning the environment.

I have tabulated the rankings of the winners, Finalist, semi-finalist and special awardees of Miss Earth since 2001 up to 2009. My scoring system is divited into 6 major continents (Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, North America, Oceania).

Here's the scoring system for your reference

Miss Earth 50pts
Miss Air 40pts
Miss Water 30pts
Miss Fire 20pts

Finalist 10pts
Semi-finalist 5pts
Special Awards5pts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

South America reigns supreme as the powerhouse continent of Miss Earth with 4 titleholders and with a total score of 605 points. Brazil leads the pack in this continent with two titleholders; Priscilla Meirelles and Larissa Ramos

If we think Asia is the second place because of the impressive performances from India and the Philippines, well, we're wrong. Europe comes second as the powerhouse continent of Miss Earth with 545 points. European delegates either dominates or not missing the chance of being called in top 10/16 since 2001 up to the 2009 edition. The only time European girls almost missed the cut was in 2004 edition when only 2 from this group penetrated the top16.

Third is Asia. Asia as of 2009 Edition got 450 points. This region almost missed the cut in 2002 and 2003 with only 1 delegate penetrating the top 10 courtesy of both Misses Philippines April Rose Perez and Laura Dunlap. 2009 edition was the best edition for this continent with 5 Asians in top 16, almost the same number with the Europeans.

North America produced two titleholders courtesy of Misses Honduras Dania Prince and Canada Jessica Trisko. As of 2009 edition they have 400 points. It was the 2002 edition when no North American delegate entered the top 10.

With 135 points, Africa is the 5th powerhouse continent of Miss Earth. The 2002 edition gave African continent it's first Miss Earth crown when the original winner was dethroned. In year 2008, an African doll (Miss Tanzania Miriam Odemba) almost captured the crown but fell short in the final round of the competition. When are we going to see the coronation of a winner from Africa? Soon... let's wait for that time.

2004 edition was the best year for this small continent, when two of their delegates (Miss Tahiti and Miss Australia) entered the top16 and eventually Miss Tahiti crowned as Miss Earth-Water. Oceania have 70 points that makes this group the 6th powerhouse continent.

Coming soon... Powerhouse per continent...
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Miss Earth's Continental Powerhouse Empty Re: Miss Earth's Continental Powerhouse

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:38 pm

This is a great thread Chino. I hope Miss Earth will become bigger in terms of promotion and international activities starting next year

Back to top Go down

Miss Earth's Continental Powerhouse Empty Re: Miss Earth's Continental Powerhouse

Post by sayonako Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Hopefully they will staged this year's edition outside the country..
sayonako
sayonako

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:38 am

Calderon wrote:This is a great thread Chino. I hope Miss Earth will become bigger in terms of promotion and international activities starting next year

hopefully...

go go go MISS EARTH

Back to top Go down

Post by JENN Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:31 pm

VERY INTERESTING
JENN
JENN
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PANAMA
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PANAMA

Location Location : NEW YORK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Admin-Pageant Guru rolled into one! bowing

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:49 pm

great gatzby wrote:Admin-Pageant Guru rolled into one! bowing

thanks caaron gatzby.. I'm still in the process of doing the powerhouse per continent.. don't have enough time.. But I'll post it before 2010 Miss Earth begins hehehe
sayonako
sayonako

Back to top Go down

Post by edwoct1026 Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 pm

miss earth has lots to offer...
edwoct1026
edwoct1026

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:45 pm

sayonako wrote:

thanks caaron gatzby.. I'm still in the process of doing the powerhouse per continent.. don't have enough time.. But I'll post it before 2010 Miss Earth begins hehehe

More time needed but hopefully you'll be able to finish few months ahead of Miss Earth 2010...patulong ka kay gorgeous vegan... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:37 pm

great gatzby wrote:
sayonako wrote:

More time needed but hopefully you'll be able to finish few months ahead of Miss Earth 2010...patulong ka kay gorgeous vegan... Wink

who's gorgeous vegan?
sayonako
sayonako

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 pm

sayonako wrote:
great gatzby wrote:
sayonako wrote:

who's gorgeous vegan?

i thought he loves vegetable? And gorgeous, as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm

very imformative Chino.....It seems that asia must really perform will this year in order to gain a 2nd crown....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down