BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India

3 posters

Go down

Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India Empty Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India Miss_m10

Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India Miss_m11

This article is taken from this Site.

MALAYSIA'S next representative to the Miss Universe pageant could very well be your physician or entrepreneur. The Miss Universe Malaysia Organisation (MUMO), led by former Miss Universe Malaysia, Andrea Fonseka will be on the look out for a different kind of beauty queen — one who is street smart, has a sense of humour and the makings of a 'star'.

"Women are now more liberal, empowered and successful and that is why we need to change the traditional concept of a beauty pageant into a modern, more relevant one for today, said Fonseka, who is looking for a winner with spunk and originality.

Dubbed the "The NEW Miss Universe Malaysia", the pageant, synonymous with style and sophistication, will see hopeful contestants participate in a variety of task-oriented activities to make the cut to the next stage, where 18 will be short listed.

The competition is now open to all women who are true Malaysians at heart, from the ages 18 to 26.

Auditions will be held on Mar 13 in Petaling Jaya, Mar 20 in Penang and the top 18 will be selected in Kuala Lumpur on Mar 27.

Judges at the preliminary rounds will include Fonseka, actor and director Hans Isaac, Fly FM DJ Phat Phabes and the expert in selecting the right 'faces' Julia Dolmatova.

Contestants will not be judged on the pageant night alone but also on their performance to the week. The public will also get the chance to see the contestants on the their personal journey towards representing Malaysia in a five-episode reality television show on NTV7, before the grand finale on May 15.

Fonseka assured the future Miss Universe Malaysia that she would receive support from her team before stepping onto the international stage with contestants across the globe.

"She will have the support from me and my team so that she will be equipped with knowledge to carry herself to the international pageant," Fonseka added. The 26-year-old actress, model and television personality recalled the difficulties she faced when she won the title of Miss Malaysia Universe in 2004.

"Although my mother had done it before me, I really didn't have anyone there with me all the way to give me advice on what to do and how to react to different situations. I am going to be the conscience and advisor of this year's winner," she reassured.

This year's Grand Finale contestants will be judged by members of Miss Universe Malaysia Hall of Fame including Nancie Foo, Maggie Loo and Datuk Yasmin Yusuff.

Datuk Yasmin who was present at the launch on Wednesday, agreed with the revamp of the beauty pageant. "Countries like The Philipines and Thailand put a lot of effort into their beauty pageants and so should we," she said.

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India Empty Re: Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Thats good news......BBP is already change but not the franchise holder....

Back to top Go down

Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India Empty Re: Malaysia Revamps Miss Universe selection after India

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Good move!
I appreciate BPCI's installments in revamping Binibining Pilipinas as well. Madam Stella can still have the franchise if she decides to have our girls "dressed" here. Send them to Osmel for other trainings. Miriam was sent to Venzuela, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by highstreet Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 am

all asian country are ready to conquer the miss universe 2010..

highstreet

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm

cause miss u is not more on brain anymore!!!...the bpci must send fierce..catwalk diva..and wear the best gown!!!!
bonner
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Thread moved to Malaysia's Forum.
Desi
Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Location Location : New York/Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Desi wrote:Thread moved to Malaysia's Forum.

Tq my lovely admin...

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:48 am

Preppy Guy wrote:
Desi wrote:Thread moved to Malaysia's Forum.

Tq my lovely admin...
Very Happy kissing
Desi
Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Location Location : New York/Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down