BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BbP - Krista - My thoughts...

4 posters

Go down

BbP - Krista - My thoughts... Empty BbP - Krista - My thoughts...

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:52 am

Can we just NOT do the same thing we've done for the past 10 years by sending the "same" to MU? We keep looking for another Miriam but we forget that it happened before The Donald put his hand in the pot by making the selections himself. He and his organization reject what we've sent over and over again. They were beautiful. Most deserved a semi spot, if not a finals spot, but it is obvious that the MU Organization has been rejecting the Filipinas we've been sending.

Let us send them "something different", something totally unexpected from The Philippines. Send them Krista. She has the talent. She has the experience. She has the DRIVE, AND she won't buckle under the public spotlight because she has been in it for too long - words will come to her easy when interviewed in front of an international crowd. In other words, she can open her mouth and not fumble, not be at a loss of words, but can be articulate and think on her feet. If she does become our representative to MU, with or without trainers, I'm sure she has the drive, ambition, goal to improve herself, make the necessary changes, lose the small amount of weight she will need to, and tone up her body.

How many times have the naysayers said things like, "She looks like a maid", "She isn't pretty enough", "She's too dark", "She's too white" and our representatives have done well? I remember them saying that "maid" bit about Gloria and Desiree and look what they both accomplished. The "too white" thing was said about Aurora, Margie, Charlene, and Lalaine and look what they did.

It's time for a change, like it or not. Krista may just be that change. Give her a chance. Don't degrade her by saying she's not Filipina-looking enough. Let's quit shooting ourselves in the foot by listening to others, by not changing, by being afraid. If Krista is the best that night and they give her the BbP Universe crown, stand behind her, support her, and help her transform. If she's not the best and doesn't get the crown, then let's do the same for whoever wins.

We all have our favorites, we all have our preferences on what "type" to send to MU. Give Krista a chance and give her the opportunity to be the fighter she is and allow her to transform to the best candidate, the best chance we have to capture our third Miss Universe crown if she is given that chance. Please, in your mind, give her a chance to prove herself in our pageant without all the labels we tend to put on people. If she is still strong by the night of the actual pageant, then allow her to shine. If she does represent The Philippines in MU, a country she is proud of, then help her grow and glow and make us all proud.

We all know it’s time for a change, maybe, just maybe she is that change. Give her a chance.

Just my two cents…

Back to top Go down

BbP - Krista - My thoughts... Empty Re: BbP - Krista - My thoughts...

Post by sayonako Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 am

I remember Krista in one of her interviews that she really wanted to represent the Philippines.

Yes, she has the drive and determination to win any of the crowns. I salute her for that.

I can see her now as one of the front runners. Her advantage: determination, gift of gab, bubbly personality which is needed to be notice in the international competition (ala Taliana Vargas)...

She's one of my top 5 along with Raj, Ruais, Misa and Necio
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:12 am

MASAYAKANA? wrote:I remember Krista in one of her interviews that she really wanted to represent the Philippines.

Yes, she has the drive and determination to win any of the crowns. I salute her for that.

I can see her now as one of the front runners. Her advantage: determination, gift of gab, bubbly personality which is needed to be notice in the international competition (ala Taliana Vargas)...

She's one of my top 5 along with Raj, Ruais, Misa and Necio

I wrote that because I got tired of the "She's not Filipino-looking enough" comments. There are others who would make good MU contestants and I agree with those choices. However, by limiting what we could possibly send to MU by sticking to the Morena-look only policy, then we've really limited ourselves. While other countries send different types to the international pageants, we get stuck by sending the same over and over again and wonder why we can't win, place, or show.

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 am

she can transform very well!!!...go krista
bonner
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 am

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

thumbs up excellent thread!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:06 pm

krista for bb pil universe 2010!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bangilath Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Whipsal wrote:

Can we just NOT do the same thing we've done for the past 10 years by sending the "same" to MU? We keep looking for another Miriam but we forget that it happened before The Donald put his hand in the pot by making the selections himself. He and his organization reject what we've sent over and over again. They were beautiful. Most deserved a semi spot, if not a finals spot, but it is obvious that the MU Organization has been rejecting the Filipinas we've been sending.

Let us send them "something different", something totally unexpected from The Philippines. Send them Krista. She has the talent. She has the experience. She has the DRIVE, AND she won't buckle under the public spotlight because she has been in it for too long - words will come to her easy when interviewed in front of an international crowd. In other words, she can open her mouth and not fumble, not be at a loss of words, but can be articulate and think on her feet. If she does become our representative to MU, with or without trainers, I'm sure she has the drive, ambition, goal to improve herself, make the necessary changes, lose the small amount of weight she will need to, and tone up her body.

How many times have the naysayers said things like, "She looks like a maid", "She isn't pretty enough", "She's too dark", "She's too white" and our representatives have done well? I remember them saying that "maid" bit about Gloria and Desiree and look what they both accomplished. The "too white" thing was said about Aurora, Margie, Charlene, and Lalaine and look what they did.

It's time for a change, like it or not. Krista may just be that change. Give her a chance. Don't degrade her by saying she's not Filipina-looking enough. Let's quit shooting ourselves in the foot by listening to others, by not changing, by being afraid. If Krista is the best that night and they give her the BbP Universe crown, stand behind her, support her, and help her transform. If she's not the best and doesn't get the crown, then let's do the same for whoever wins.

We all have our favorites, we all have our preferences on what "type" to send to MU. Give Krista a chance and give her the opportunity to be the fighter she is and allow her to transform to the best candidate, the best chance we have to capture our third Miss Universe crown if she is given that chance. Please, in your mind, give her a chance to prove herself in our pageant without all the labels we tend to put on people. If she is still strong by the night of the actual pageant, then allow her to shine. If she does represent The Philippines in MU, a country she is proud of, then help her grow and glow and make us all proud.

We all know it’s time for a change, maybe, just maybe she is that change. Give her a chance.

Just my two cents…

When you send a candidate with beauty and brain and talents then the crown is within reach.

bangilath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Reading forumers messages about Krista being not fit for Miss Philippines Universe or for any titles at stake at Binibining Pilipinas 2010 because she is mestiza really breaks my heart. Why? Because this is racist to me.

Since when did we base the judgment on the ethnicity of the candidate? This is not fair.

So why not? Krista is undeniably fierce and ready to compete. She is determined and can talk.

Though there is a need to tone her body a little bit, I guess she can achieve this just like what happened to Bianca Manalo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:24 pm

...Though there is a need to tone her body a little bit, I guess she can achieve this just like what happened to Bianca Manalo. [Calderon]

Exactly! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 pm

I like her but there something thats missing....and I dont know what is that "something"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 pm

sharepoint wrote:I like her but there something thats missing....and I dont know what is that "something"

What may be "missing" would be that toned body. It seems to be the one thing that is the noticeable "flaw". If she loses just a few pounds by changing to a healthier, leaner diet and then starts to work out, without becoming muscular, then I think that "missing something" will go away.

P.S. - Thanks for your support on this. It just really bothered me that it was starting to almost become a campaign against her just because she is a "mestiza" or "too American looking". Instead of trying to make a change, trying something different - because what we've done in the past decade has not worked and the "rules" have changed - people wanted to label her as not a Filipina, just because of her looks.

So why not change? Why not try a different direction? At great example of change is that Mestizas were usually sent to MI and that was that. Obviously that hasn't worked out too well lately. Precious was the last winner we had and she was not Mestiza looking. We changed it up in MI and got a winner! Why not try that with MU?

It's just a thought, but it may be worth one that we may want to follow up on.

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:31 am

Calderon wrote:Reading forumers messages about Krista being not fit for Miss Philippines Universe or for any titles at stake at Binibining Pilipinas 2010 because she is mestiza really breaks my heart. Why? Because this is racist to me.

Since when did we base the judgment on the ethnicity of the candidate? This is not fair.

So why not? Krista is undeniably fierce and ready to compete. She is determined and can talk.

Though there is a need to tone her body a little bit, I guess she can achieve this just like what happened to Bianca Manalo.

I'm really really confused with Filipino pageant fanatics. During 2003 BB Pilipinas, the mestizas were highly favored to capture the BB Pilipinas Universe crown, for example Angelina Costorphan and Anna Marie Falcon (Francine Prieto). However, a pure morena Filipina won the said competition - Carla Gay Balingit.

And now, it's 2009 BB Pilipinas, Krista is undeniably mestiza, but how come she's not being favored to win the BB Pilipinas Universe crown?
sayonako
sayonako

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:45 am

what is so different and unexpected about Ms Kleiner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:46 am

krista "has it" because she's an entertainer. she's been doing that every day. that's why she appears to be more charismatic relative to others. while for most contestants, it's their first time to be exposed on national telivision and it really takes a while before they can come out of their shells. no one is contesting the idea of sending highly westernized FIlipina delegate to Miss universe. it just boils down to the fact that Ms Kleiner, despite her excessive exposure and "un-Filipinized" facial features seems to be lacking something. BBP missed the opportunity to break from the norms when they kicked Sandra out of the competition

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:03 pm

I may love Necio to win BBP Universe this year but I swear that whoever win the crown will gain my all time Support be it Kliener or whoever else.....we are all aiming for the goal and its what we should focus on

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:40 pm

POLARIS wrote:krista "has it" because she's an entertainer. she's been doing that every day. that's why she appears to be more charismatic relative to others. while for most contestants, it's their first time to be exposed on national telivision and it really takes a while before they can come out of their shells. no one is contesting the idea of sending highly westernized FIlipina delegate to Miss universe. it just boils down to the fact that Ms Kleiner, despite her excessive exposure and "un-Filipinized" facial features seems to be lacking something. BBP missed the opportunity to break from the norms when they kicked Sandra out of the competition

im starting to like Kleiner hehehe... so far she's #1 in my list...
Her bubbly personality and determination will bring her to greater heights!!!
sayonako
sayonako

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Kleiner can do well but she can be of good use in ME...

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:16 pm

DavaoPrince wrote:Kleiner can do well but she can be of good use in ME...

well... another front runner in ME should she fail to advance in the semifinal round of BB Pilipinas.. Smile
But I doubt, I know she will perform well during the preliminaries. Smile
sayonako
sayonako

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

MASAYAKANA? wrote:
DavaoPrince wrote:Kleiner can do well but she can be of good use in ME...

well... another front runner in ME should she fail to advance in the semifinal round of BB Pilipinas.. Smile
But I doubt, I know she will perform well during the preliminaries. Smile

Hope she wont win so that she'll be in ME..The likes of her is of much need in ME now that Vietnam will be the First country to Host the ME abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:33 am

I guess why I'm such a supporter of Krista at this time is because she would be something different that we're sending to MU. We really must stop this cycle we've been in for the last decade and try a new direction. What we've sent to MU in the last decade have been beautiful Filipina beauties but, obviously, "not their type". So why not try a different "type"?

She may or may not do well at MU but we've got to try. Like I said before, we sent Precious, a beautiful Morena, to MI, where we usually send the Mestizas, and she won. Why not try a change with MU?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:17 am

Krista with her talent and being outgoing, I think will fit well for Ms. World. But knowing the fact how the Lady Dragon hates Philippines then that alone burns our chance for the title. And so putting Krista in Ms. Universe will be a good move for BBPC. With her charm and wit, she will get people's attention with no sweat - She's a natural! Go Krista, you're my girl too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:36 am

prinz_derek wrote:Krista with her talent and being outgoing, I think will fit well for Ms. World. But knowing the fact how the Lady Dragon hates Philippines then that alone burns our chance for the title. And so putting Krista in Ms. Universe will be a good move for BBPC. With her charm and wit, she will get people's attention with no sweat - She's a natural! Go Krista, you're my girl too!

I agree. She would be soooo wasted at MW.

Back to top Go down

Post by MISS COSMOPOLITAN Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:34 pm

wothout a doubt, krista is the best delegate to represent the Phils in MU
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
Pageant Fan
Pageant Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down