BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar is now the world's highest grossing film

3 posters

Go down

Avatar is now the world's highest grossing film Empty Avatar is now the world's highest grossing film

Post by sayonako Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:57 am

James Cameron is king of the world again.

20th Century Fox said Tuesday that the director's sci-fi spectacle, "Avatar," has passed his shipwreck saga "Titanic" to become the highest-grossing film worldwide.

As of Monday, "Avatar" had brought in $1.859 billion at the box office, passing the $1.843 billion worldwide record set by 1997's "Titanic."

"Titanic" remains the highest-grossing film domestically at $600.8 million.

"Avatar" has been No. 1 at the box office for six straight weeks with a domestic total of $554.9 million. It shot down "The Dark Knight" on Saturday to become the second highest-grossing film domestically.

"Avatar" has also mined $1.3 billion in international ticket sales, smashing the $1.24 billion mark previously set by "Titanic."

20th Century Fox is owned by News Corp. - AP

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/182595/avatar-passes-titanic-on-worldwide-chart
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Avatar is now the world's highest grossing film Empty Re: Avatar is now the world's highest grossing film

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am

havent seen the movie though,,but thats nice,,,,

Back to top Go down

Avatar is now the world's highest grossing film Empty Re: Avatar is now the world's highest grossing film

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 pm

sephlieukhany wrote:James Cameron is king of the world again.

20th Century Fox said Tuesday that the director's sci-fi spectacle, "Avatar," has passed his shipwreck saga "Titanic" to become the highest-grossing film worldwide.

As of Monday, "Avatar" had brought in $1.859 billion at the box office, passing the $1.843 billion worldwide record set by 1997's "Titanic."

"Avatar" has been No. 1 at the box office for six straight weeks with a domestic total of $554.9 million. It shot down "The Dark Knight" on Saturday to become the second highest-grossing film domestically.

"Avatar" has also mined $1.3 billion in international ticket sales, smashing the $1.24 billion mark previously set by "Titanic."

the word "domestically" referred to the american market i guess (usa)..it's too big for the philippine market....am i ryt???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 am

renegade wrote:
sephlieukhany wrote:James Cameron is king of the world again.

the word "domestically" referred to the american market i guess (usa)..it's too big for the philippine market....am i ryt???

your damn right! your second coming has indeed felt by millions of your viewers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:47 pm

It's a remarkable record indeed. But, i am not a fan of the movie especially the plot. It's technically great though just like Titanic (formulaic, but technically awesome).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:49 pm

i find the plot deep and interesting though....

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:59 pm

I WATCHED THE MOVIE LAST WEEK..VERY TOUCHING
bonner
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by pepper Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:24 pm

and the most controversial film!!!!
pepper
pepper
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : UNITED STATES OF MEN

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:27 pm

ARCI wrote:i find the plot deep and interesting though....

i never get tired of watching this again and again and again and again...
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:44 pm

Mr. Arci, I find the plot common and formulaic. Have you seen a semblance with Pocahontas and other movies that have colonization theme?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Anthony wrote:

Mr. Arci, I find the plot common and formulaic. Have you seen a semblance with Pocahontas and other movies that have colonization theme?

you sound offended....im just expressing my different view on the movie...not a fan pocahontas...but i guess 300 also depicts colonization or the patriot, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm

ARCI wrote:
Anthony wrote:

you sound offended....im just expressing my different view on the movie...not a fan pocahontas...but i guess 300 also depicts colonization or the patriot, right?

On the contrary, no. I don't take offence in intellectual intercourse. Otherwise, I should make my own website. Hehehehehe. What I mean is that you have the natives versus the colonizers theme with a kind colonizer helping them and is their only savior. It's over and done with to the point of sickening. The only saving grace of this movie is its technically superiority and good storytelling. With this, I rest my case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down