BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

+6
FRITZGERALD
bonner
sayonako
Dylan
pepper
Ray
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review Empty BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GWENDOLINE RUAIS, UNIVERSE

So, why Gwen? Because I think that she is the only one who can compete head to head with the glamazons at Miss Universe. At 6ft tall, she's also endowed with a well proportioned and toned body -- a common denominator of Miss Universe Semi-finalists. Is height important? YES. Because it's one of a candidate's many weapons to stand out in a sea of 80 plus candidates. When you're tall, people notice you.
How about the strong facial features? With a height like hers, it's normal to look "manly" (testosterone bayybee!!). Right make up is the key! Remember how feminine she can look during the last two pageant activities.
I was so disappointed with her catwalk during the pre-pageant though. Basic projections were already ther but needs to add more sexiness to it. If Bianca Manalo quickly learned the sexy catwalk in just a short period, I'm sure Gwen can do the same..easily!

MARIA VENUS RAJ, WORLD

Venus is the most prepared candidate this year. I label her "Maricar Balagtas of 2010". Her transformation since Miss Philippines Earth is just amazing! I initially thought of having her as Binibining Pilipinas Universe but I came to realize that Miss World is where she truly belongs. Whatever happened to Maricar, Karen and Lia? There is a big possibility that her type of beauty will again be ignored in Miss Universe. After rocking the evening gown and swimsuit segments of the pre-pageant night, I'm almost certain that she will never go unnoticed in Miss World fast track events. Just give her a decent, stylish gown for Top Model, please?!
Am I open to the idea that she may be sent to Miss Universe? A resounding "YESSSSSSS!". She sure does have some unflattering shots due to her square-ish jawline but she could actually use this to her advantage by discovering more of her best angles.

KRISTA ARRIETA KLEINER, INTERNATIONAL
People love her. People hate her! A lot of us think that she will be up there because she's a GMA (BPCI's official media partner) artist just like how two undeserving (for me) ladies made it to the Top 15 in the last two editions of the pageant but I beg to disagree. Krista will be in the Top Ten because she definitely deserves it! She's beautiful, her detractors just wouldn't admit it! She's a scene stealer -- the same attitude that helped Dayana Mendoza win! Don't you wish your sentimental fave would have even a shred of this lady's attitude? She could be a good representative to the two other grand slam pageants but I think she has a better chance in Miss International. Why? We're all too smart for that!
Krista's body is well toned but she looks wide from her mid-torso down. I can't be so sure if there's a specific workout/treatment to narrow it down but it is something she should consider undergoing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TOP 5

Helen Nicollette Henson, 1st Runner Up - I was never a fan of her until the fashion show and pre-pageant. Helen is very fresh and blessed with a curvaceous body. She looks short to be 5ft8 tall, I dunno. I call her the MOST ELIGIBLE SPOILER this year.
Dianne Necio, 2nd Runner Up - Is it true that she doesn't want to compete again so she's fighting for a crown this year? She's Helen's exact opposite when it comes to height because she looks taller than her height of 5ft6. At 17, she's quite good with what she's doing. She can be a good representative to Miss International as well.

TOP 10
Selena Alexis Antonio - Selena is my sentimental fave this year. If only she's taller. Sigh. I was quite disappointed with her presentation in both the fashion show and pre-pageant. She looked stiff on stage but beauty wise, I think this girl is competitive. She owns one of the best bodies and may make it to the Top 5 if she'll do something extraordinary come pageant night.
Mariella Castillo - I love her! She definitely has the BEST CATWALK SKILLS among the girls! Sexy, fluid and just confident! She's channeling the very sexy Alma Concepcion and this could work to her advantage.
Toni Alyessa Hipolito - I was rooting for her way back 2007 but she failed to make it to the final cut. She's better now but she must have returned in a wrong year, a very competitive one at that. I believe she deserves a spot but am just not sure if she can do a Marie Ann Umali. Best of luck to her!
Czarina Catherine Gatbonton - Lurrrrveee her! Definitely one of the prettiest faces but she appears raw to me. She kinda reminds me of Rachel Smith with her skin color, body frame and smile. If she fails to make it this year then returning in a year or two would be a sensible move.
Ana Marie Morelos - I have mixed feelings toward this fair skinned, beautiful lady. She made a good start but somehow lost her momentum as the pageant progressed. Beautiful but something's lacking. She regained herself during the pre-pageant night that's why I think she deserves a Top 10 spot. Her experience in the international arena would definitely help her.

ALTERNATES

In This Order
Marie Ysabelle Matubis
Nicole Kauffman
Patricia Lae Ejercitado

Mary Ann Ross Misa
Laurese Ann Caparas

^highlighted names also have strong chances of sneaking into the Top Ten

Special Thanks to POB, Fritzgerald, The OPMB Team, Raymond Saldana, BPCI
AND the participants of my Bb. Pilipinas 2010 Page

Last edited by el_jugador on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:49 am; edited 17 times in total

Back to top Go down

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review Empty Re: BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Very nice choices...the list to reckon with! I'm a fan! bowing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm

wow! i like your picks! you have a great taste on beauty!
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Location Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by pepper Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 pm

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
pepper
pepper
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : UNITED STATES OF MEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Great choices! Your TOP 3 is impressive and I hope the right girls will win the crowns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 pm

I love the choices you have, very wise choice of ladies...congrats... love u

Kauffmann will be a good replacement for Toni thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks for the appreciation guys!

@ GG: Really? Because I thought you were a Misa fan. Please know that putting Misa in my alternates was so disheartening.

@ DP: Whewww Kauffman! It was very hard putting her in the alternates only. She definitely is one of the prettiest this year but her downfall is her body and I think Toni has a better one. I personally look at the body first, how a candidate stands, before the face.

@ Sir Ray: Glad you liked it, sir! This is actually a mixture of personal and prediction list and believe me, I do not have a good track record when it comes to predicting but I am hopeful this year. Hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 pm

el_jugador wrote: Thanks for the appreciation guys!

@ GG: Really? Because I thought you were a Misa fan. Please know that putting Misa in my alternates was so disheartening.

@ DP: Whewww Kauffman it was very hard putting her in the alternates only. She definitely is one of the prettiest this year but her downfall is her body and I think Toni has a better one. I personally look at the body first, how a candidate stand before the face.

@ Sir Ray: Glad you liked it, sir! This is actually a mixture of personal and prediction list and believe me, I do not have a good track record when it comes to predicting but I am hopeful this year. Hehehe

atleast you put her in the alternates....I'm just rooting for her because I saw her beauty, figure and performance on Tv and in Youtube and I kinda love what I saw on her rather than on Toni's...well, we didn't have the same taste right...jejjeje...I'm just hoping that Necio, Kauffman and Henson will definitely enter the Top 5..just hoping alongside with Raj and Ruais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Don't get me wrong but do you seriously think she has the "figure"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 pm

el_jugador wrote: Don't get me wrong but do you seriously think she has the "figure"?

I believe so, and if she lacks the figure for you now, she can toned down more.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 pm

DavaoPrince wrote:
el_jugador wrote: Don't get me wrong but do you seriously think she has the "figure"?

I believe so, and if she lacks the figure for you now, she can toned down more.... Very Happy

Ok, got it but for me, it isn't just the figure. Something's wrong with her body proportion or whatever you call it. She deserves a MISS PHOTOGENIC award though hehhee..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:57 pm

el_jugador wrote:

...wouldn't take it against you if you haven't included her in your list...I find her very raw for this year's BbP edition...hope she'll compete again [at least two years from now] and do a Venuz Raj...

If I am to rank the ladies, Ruais would be my top choice [but I'd rather see her compete in MW]...followed by Kleiner [MU], Necio [MI] who had the brightest aura during the pre-pageant night in contrast with Raj [1RU] who, despite the award, looked tired and old and Henson [2RU]

...the rest of the Top 10 include: Antonio, Castillo, Ejercitado,Morelos & Hipolito [I'm bothered by her "faked smile"]

...alternates are: Gatbonton, Aguilar, Misa, Matubis & Damian [who looks very lovely in the photo exhibited in Gateway]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:19 am

We have more or less the same list but the Top 10 ONLY format is just too hard to fill in especially in a very competitive year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:07 am

Kauffman and Selena are almost the same height. Selena is just slimmer and thus she looks better in swimsuit compared to Kauffman.

Kauffman is like Carishiela, perfect face but the body is a bit voluptuous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:46 am

I think everyone is unanimous with their top3 choices...the only thing is the proper pageant placement of the girls...
Dylan
Dylan
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : MIDDLE EAST

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:14 am

We have the same top 3 choices...

as for Gwen, she really needs to work out on her catwalk... Her catwalk reminds me of Miss Australia 2008 and semi-finalist in MU 2008....
She has the height advantage. She can be easily notice.

but the common denominator of candidates penetrating top 5 are the following:

1. A Latina.
2. Glamazon, a tall woman
3. Sexy catwalk (Dayana, Tali, Elisa)...
4. Can talk the talk...

She's 2 out of 4. She's obviously not a Latina but she can be ahead of these powerhouse ladies. I really want to see Gwen burn the ramp with her feracious catwalk and not a boring type of walk just like what she had in the presentation.. Gwen for me is for MU or MI...

Venus, perfect choice for MW... Beach beauty fast track and Top of the World Model fast track is within her reach... She's half Indian another advantage I think so...

Krista, my sentimental fave to win BB PIlipinas Universe crown... actually there's no problem for me if she'll be our representative in MU... She has the height, the confidence, sassy attitude *just like Dayana...

In fact, i would love to see her in MU rather than in MI...
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 am

castillio is on my top 5!!! she rock!!!
bonner
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 am

@ boom: Yes, you are right.

@ Dylan: Pageant-wise, I think our top 3 is a sensible one but we should be open to disappointment. There will be a few, be it in the top ten or the 3 queens.

@ sayonako: Absolutely right! I was also thinking about Miss Australia 2008 but I really forgot her name. With a lousy catwalk (even lousier than Gwen's), she still made it nonetheless.

@ bonner: Any of the remaining 7 ladies can penetrate the Top 3/5. Such a magnificent batch!

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:46 am

el_jugador wrote: @ boom: Yes, you are right.

@ Dylan: Pageant-wise, I think our top 3 is a sensible one but we should be open to disappointment. There will be a few, be it in the top ten or the 3 queens.

@ sayonako: Absolutely right! I was also thinking about Miss Australia 2008 but I really forgot her name. With a lousy catwalk (even lousier than Gwen's), she still made it nonetheless.

@ bonner: Any of the remaining 7 ladies can penetrate the Top 3/5. Such a magnificent batch!

anything is possible..im rooting for aguilar too as well as maerina
bonner
bonner

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 pm

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED LIKE MATUBIS... SHE ACED THE INTERVIEW PORTION.
FRITZGERALD
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Even without the interview Fritz, bet ko din si Matubis. I really find her sexy but it's just so hard to choose only 10 girls. Alternates muna siya for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 pm

We have choosen our bets and we are apt to them....the question still remains and that is WHO CAN TALK FUENTLY WITH SUBSTANCE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm 99.9% sure with Gwen, DP! One of the reason why she's on top of my list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eblazer Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Great choices El_Jugador! Actually, we almost have the same top three except for Kleiner. I rather want to see Ross Misa or Nicole Henson for MI[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, just a little sprinkle of spice to your write-up about Toni, actually, she was a semi finalist last 2007. The reason why she failed the final cut was, she was so nervous during the Q&A portion. And you're very right when you said that she must have returned in a wrong year. This year's batch is filled with competitive women.
Eblazer
Eblazer
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : Cebu City

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks for the correction Eblazer. Yep, I meant "final cut" instead of "semis". Entry changed. Thanks for taking time to read the whole post. I appreciate it.

Nicollette Henson, yes! Misa, no. I'd rather see her return in a year or two and get a higher crown like MU or MW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next