BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THOUGHTS OF MISS UNIVERSE 2010

2 posters

Go down

THOUGHTS OF MISS UNIVERSE  2010 Empty THOUGHTS OF MISS UNIVERSE 2010

Post by Angelo Batista Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:35 pm

FIRST ROUND PRETHOUGHTS (August 9, 2010)

The delegates have arrived in Las Vegas for Miss Universe 2010 so it's time to post some prethoughts!

Here we have pictured 6 delegates chosen to arrive early to do some press interviews with reigning Miss Universe, Stefania Fernandez of Venezuela in the middle.

The chosen 6 are Puerto Rico, Australia, Philippines, Colombia, Haiti and Mexico.

Rushin' to Crown a Russian

Irina Antonenko - Russia

Russia - Irina Antonenko Russia is sending a clear frontrunner for Miss Universe in the stunning natural beauty of Irina Antonenko. With that flawless face, Irina is currently my winner and I don't think much will change that! Also, Russia has good reason to anticipate a high placement at Miss Universe whenever the pageant is held in Las Vegas. In the two times that Miss Universe was previously held in Las Vegas (1991 and 1996), the Russian delegate finished in the top 4. In 1991, the first time Miss Universe was held in Las Vegas, Russia was a part of the U.S.S.R. and Yulia Lemigova represented that region of the world and was a story in herself during that year at Miss Universe. She began by refusing to say she was from the Soviet Union during the Parade of Nations and dared to say she was from Moscow, RUSSIA! This came as all the delegates sang, 'Let there be one world' demonstrating the need for unity amongst all nations of the world. Miss Universe is supposed to be an event where many nations can have delegates participate harmoniously and put their differences aside. There were rumors that this year Lebanon was refusing to participate in this year's pageant because an Israeli delegate was also present but both ladies are in the competition. There have been past instances in previous pageants where Miss Lebanon would participate in the pageant but would refuse to be next to Miss Israel or photographed with her. In 2001, the alphabetical order of the different regions was altered slightly during the preliminaries for this reason, yet during the final telecast, Miss Lebanon, Sandra Rizk was shown right after Miss Israel (semifinalist Ilanit Levi). Yulia Lemigova - Miss USSR 1991 Anyway, back to Yulia. She was the 6th delegate to be declared a top 10 semifinalist in 1991. As Dick Clark called Miss USSR as a semifinalist, Yulia smiled and stepped forward and proceeded to compete first in the swimsuit competition. During the trip take, Yulia talked of how she loved America and loves how Americans really show the emotions and everywhere she looks she sees soooo many beautiful men... I should add that Yulia is presently the lesbian trophy wife of tennis superstar Martina Navratilova! Hmmm... I guess she appreciates the beauty of the male form while wanting love of another kind! Yulia's interview at Miss Universe 1991 was definitely one to remember. Dick Clark focused on the fact that she knew no English whatsoever only a short time prior to her participation in the pageant to which Yulia responded with, "I love you?!?!" implying that was all she used to know in English. Dick Clark said, "No wonder you got along so well!" Everyone immediately fell madly in love with Yulia. And finally in the evening gown competition as the little sisters of Las Vegas presented flowers to their big sisters singing the memorable song "You Are My Star", Yulia adorably sniffed her rose and let out another beaming smile. Although she scored quite well throughout the night, it was Mexico's Lupita Jones who obtained the highest scores all evening. As Yulia was the last name to be announced in the top 6, she was asked in the round of judge's questions what the best advice was that she was ever given by her mother. "My mother never gave me not good advice." Yulia struggled to express herself in her broken English. "She told me I have to try, do... everything by myself otherwise I will be nothing! And I try to do this! And...d...d..." Yes, she tried!! Miss Netherlands 1991-Paulien Huizinga, Miss Universe 1991-Mexico's Lupita Jones, Miss USSR 1991-Yulia Lemigova And the judges recognized she tried and brought her into the top 3 alongside the leader Mexico's Lupita Jones and the comical character of Netherlands' Paulien Huizinga. Then it came down to the final question where Dick Clark asked all 3 of the final contestants what the biggest problem in their country was and what should be done about it. Yulia was up first and begged, "Can you please reword it for ME?!?!" Dick tried but Yulia fumbled her way through a response. "I hope all problem in my country is over... Everything is free. And people are happy and I am happy!" There were clearly some mumbles in the audience following the answer implying that many people thought Yulia definitely should have had an interpreter rather than have her struggle her way in English but it was too little too late. Yulia would not be rescued from the country she was representing and would finish in third place as Mexico's Lupita Jones was declared the winner that fateful night in 1991. 5 years later, Miss Universe would return to Las Vegas. The evening was electric that night in May 1996 and a now liberated Russia was being represented by Ilmira Shamsutdinova who came to us 'from Russia with love'! Oh, how I miss those intros!!! Bob Goen announced Ilmira as the 7th of 10 semifinalists that year. It began with the interviews as Ilmira was asked to describe her job as a shaping instructor. Through her translator, Ilmira said that it was a person who makes a woman look more beautiful than she really is. To which Bob Goen and the audience immediately burst out laughing. The problem was with the translation. I was told that instead of the word 'really,' the translator should have said 'already' (A shaping instructor makes a woman more beautiful than she ALREADY is...) Sigh... some of these interpreters. This turned what was supposed to be a sweet, sappy answer into a humorous comment! Ilmira Shamsutdinova, Miss Russia 1996 Ilmira obviously had this confused smile on her face wondering why the audience was laughing. Then Bob Goen asked Ilmira how he can lose 5 pounds really fast, then said to the interpreter, "Make that 8 pounds!" Ilmira said her answer in Russian, smiled and Bob Goen asked the interpreter, "What is she laughing at??" The interpreter stated, "I think you must first deny yourself of snacks!" "Nah! Thanks a lot!!" said Bob and Ilmira immediately turned the tables in her favor. Reminiscent of the previous time Miss Universe was held in Las Vegas, there was a clear leader throughout the entire night and in 1996, it was the legendary Alicia Machado of Venezuela. Even though, Ilmira did win the preliminary swimsuit competition, she placed 3rd in the finals swimsuit competition behind Venezuela and Aruba's Taryn Mansell who was 1st runner up. And then the evening gown competition came and Ilmira's black gown placed last of the 10 semifinalists so Ilmira's light was fading fast. Still, her previous scores were enough to pull her into the top 6. It was during the round of the judge's questions where Ilmira would be eliminated in 4th position. She was asked by Teri Ann Linn (a former Miss Hawaii USA and 4th runner up at Miss USA) if she would marry a man who would stay at home while she worked to support the family. Ilmira said that she wants a happy family and healthy children and of course, she would like a husband who would like to stay home. Clearly, this was a question that wouldn't translate well so Ilmira's answer wasn't strong enough to pull her into the top 3. In 2002, of course, Russia did win the crown with the stunning beauty of Oxana Fedorova only to lose her title a few months later. There has been debate about whether she was fired or if she quit. Oxana's excuses included having to complete her master's degree and she also didn't appreciate the comments Howard Stern was making when she appeared on his show. This caused Oxana to question what she was getting into. The Miss Universe organization said that Oxana was simply let go because she was unable to fulfill her duties. Some speculate that the appearance on the Howard Stern show made Oxana unwilling to complete her reign. This time around Irina Antonenko will represent Russia and she appears to be ready for the job. Like her Russian predecessors at Miss Universe, stunning Irina is expected to have a strong showing in Las Vegas and many are expecting her to take it all! Irina is truly a GREAT beauty and it would be a shame if that went unrecognized. Go Irina!

She's Your Venus! She's Your Fire! At Your Desire!!
How convenient for a possible Miss Universe contender to be named Venus!
Philippines - Venus RajThe story behind Philippines' Venus Maria Raj is an interesting one. Her father is Indian and mother is Filipina and she was born in the Middle East but her citizenship came into question shortly after she was crowned Miss Philippines and Venus was stripped of her title temporarily. But she was proven to be a citizen of the Philippines, and she was reinstated as Philippines' representative at Miss Universe and many are overjoyed at this choice because they recognize the potential of this Filipina diva. In 1998 and 1999, the original winners of the Miss Philippines-Universe titles Tisha Silang and Janelle Bautista were both dethroned when it was discovered that they were actually Canadian citizens. In 1999, this led to Miriam Quiambao's promotion to the Miss Philippines-Universe title and she went all the way to become first runner-up to Botswana's Mpule Kwelagobe that year at Miss Universe. The Philippines however has not placed since that time. Will Venus change that? In a big way?? Filipinos are known for being avid fans of the Miss Universe pageant especially since Gloria Diaz captured the first Miss Universe title for the Philippines in 1969 shortly before Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon. Only 4 years later, Margarita Moran captured another Miss Universe crown for the Philippines in 1973 when the pageant was held for the first time outside of U.S. territory in Athens, Greece. Many eyes are focused on Venus with her strong presentation skills and she is expected to make a strong showing at Miss Universe this year.

A Repeat? A Repeat?? Or a Threepeat???
Mexico - Ximena NavarreteVenezuela - Marelisa Gibson As I mentioned earlier, Miss Universe was previously held in Las Vegas in 1991 and 1996 and the winners in these respective years were Mexico's Lupita Jones and Venezuela's Alicia Machado. These two nations are obviously hoping luck will strike again! Mexico is being represented by Ximena Navarrete who many people say bears a striking resemblance to Lupita Jones, now the national director for Mexico. Expect there to be very loud chants for Mexico this year during the pageant and possible boos for Miss USA. In 1996, Mexico's Vanessa Guzman had some very loud supporters but she would end the night in 5th position that year at Miss Universe. Can Ximena repeat history by giving Mexico another win in Las Vegas? And then there is another Latina who is always one to watch and that would be Miss Venezuela, Marelisa Gibson. In 1996, Venezuela's Alicia Machado won Miss Universe in Las Vegas and Venezuelans are hoping that there will not only be a repeat of that win but also a threepeat!! Venezuela became the first country to win Miss Universe two years in a row last year when Stefania Fernandez succeeded Dayana Mendoza but can it continue?? Will Marelisa Gibson do something even more unthinkable and capture the crown for Venezuela three years in a row??? Many are reminded of those exciting years when Texas captured the Miss USA crown five years in a row from 1985 to 1989. Is this the trend that's about to continue or will the buck stop here in Las Vegas?? Mexico and Venezuela are both definitely expected to have strong showings and will definitely add excitement to this year's competition. There have been unflattering pictures of Marelisa released when she was younger but she has definitely transformed into yet another Venezuelan class beauty.

Most Populated Countries... Most Disappointing
China - Wen TangIndia - Ushoshi Sengupta The top two most populated countries in the world, China and India are being represented at this year's Miss Universe pageant... but not well. China has placed once in the history of Miss Universe pageant which was in 2002 when Zhuo Ling placed as 2nd runner up and you would think that China would have learned from that experience but this year's delegate clearly does not have the body for this competition and I often wonder how a country that is as populated as China can't seem to find a suitable delegate given the large pool to choose from. India, the 2nd most populated country in the world also has fallen from grace and there was a different turn of events this year with the Miss India-Universe title. Previously, the franchise holder was the Femina Miss India pageant which would crown 3 titleholders. The top winner would go to Miss Universe, the 1st runner up would go to Miss World and the 2nd runner up would go to Miss Asia Pacific. Soon the 2nd runner up would go to Miss Earth as Miss Asia Pacific met its demise. In 2007 though, there was an interesting turn of events, the Femina franchise decided to change the order of winners making the top winner the one to go to Miss World and the runner up to go to Miss Universe. The decision prompted Miss India-Universe 2006, Neha Kapur to not crown her successor in protest. Puja Gupta was sent to Miss Universe 2007 and placed as a top 10 semifinalist but India missed the semifinals in 2008 and 2009 which was the first time since 1976 that India missed the semifinals two years in a row. India would not place until 1990 when Suzanne Sablok became a top 10 semifinalist. The 90s became a glory decade for India missing the semifinals only once in that decade (1991) and winning in 1994 and again in 2000. Femina lost the franchise altogether for 2010 and the franchise was then awarded to Sushmita Sen, Miss Universe 1994. Sushmita would become the director of the new "I Am She" Miss India-Universe pageant. Unfortunately with only a few months until Miss Universe, Sushmita didn't have much time to advertise or get a good pool of contestants. The winner of the pageant was Ushoshi Sengupta, who had previously failed to even qualify for the Femina Miss India pageant. My personal judgment is that Ushoshi lacked the body and even the same level of English as previous Indian titleholders at Miss Universe. I think India may be out for a 3rd consecutive year.

Soon, I will make my final predictions probably after preliminaries and then post them prior to the pageant. Will anything change between now and then?? We'll just have to see in the days to come! The final event is Monday, August 23 on NBC!
Angelo Batista
Angelo Batista
Elite
Elite

Location Location : Philippines

Http://www.mdgi.webs.com

Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS OF MISS UNIVERSE  2010 Empty Re: THOUGHTS OF MISS UNIVERSE 2010

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Very nice and thorough.. Who wrote this (what source?)?
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF VENEZUELA

Location Location : Now California/ Florida- USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelo Batista Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:09 pm

From what I've read from a guy in Canada how tends to go to the pageant each year and USA and gives thoughts before and after. He was right w/ miss teen . He says the buzz in the pageant scene and in Vegas is Russia, Mexico, Phil Vzla

He's real good at his picks. I've been following his page for years and he tends to get 5-7 of the top 10 right.
How can you arugue with a guy that has picked your Phil. He's not just a my country will win guy. He's from Canada and so far he hasn't put her in the top yet.

Angelo Batista
Angelo Batista
Elite
Elite

Location Location : Philippines

Http://www.mdgi.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Angelo Batista wrote:From what I've read from a guy in Canada how tends to go to the pageant each year and USA and gives thoughts before and after. He was right w/ miss teen . He says the buzz in the pageant scene and in Vegas is Russia, Mexico, Phil Vzla

He's real good at his picks. I've been following his page for years and he tends to get 5-7 of the top 10 right.
How can you arugue with a guy that has picked your Phil. He's not just a my country will win guy. He's from Canada and so far he hasn't put her in the top yet.

I agree! But right now. Russia is coming down quite a bit....That is why lists and predictions, vary week after week, or even day after day... Smile
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO

Location Location : Now California/ Florida- USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down