BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONFIRMED: MISS WORLD 2010 IN VIETNAM NO MORE

5 posters

Go down

CONFIRMED: MISS WORLD 2010 IN VIETNAM NO MORE Empty CONFIRMED: MISS WORLD 2010 IN VIETNAM NO MORE

Post by Ray Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am

According to some sources (courtesy of Donald Nguyen), the Government of Vietnam said NO to pay US$ 10 million for Miss World 2010. Besides Khanh Hoa is not cooperating. RAAS decided to transfer Miss World 2010 to Sanya, China again because the Chinese Government is willing to spend more than US$ 10 million.

According to RAAS, they withdrew because the government of Khanh Hoa is not cooperating. Therefore, Miss World needs some other place to hold its competition. Nha Trang is already reserved for Miss Earth.

I guess Miss World is going back to Sanya.

Yet, RAAS wants to host Miss World 2011 and 2012 in Thoi Son island - My Tho city, Tien Giang province. My Tho has no 5 star hotels while the biggest hotel (3-star) has only 60 rooms.

Source (Vietnamese):
http://www.nld.com.vn/20100204123459753P0C1020/raas-da-bat-tin-.htm
http://www.nld.com.vn/20100203012547769P0C1020/chi-to-chuc-thi-hoa-hau-the-gioi-neu-co-tai-tro-.htm

Last edited by Ray ND on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Location Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

CONFIRMED: MISS WORLD 2010 IN VIETNAM NO MORE Empty Re: CONFIRMED: MISS WORLD 2010 IN VIETNAM NO MORE

Post by sayonako Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 am

US$ 10million just to be the host of MW?

OMG!

Philippines can't afford that for sure.
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

CONFIRMED: MISS WORLD 2010 IN VIETNAM NO MORE Empty Re: CONFIRMED: MISS WORLD 2010 IN VIETNAM NO MORE

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm

All the while, I thought a Vietnamese tycoon is going to finance the event?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:25 pm

MISS WORLD HOSTING IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN MISS UNIVERSE. ACCORDING TO SOME SOURCES, VIETNAM PAID ONLY US$ 7-8 MILLION IN HOSTING MISS UNIVERSE. THE VIETNAMESE GOVERNMENT REQUESTS TO LIMIT THE MW HOSTING FEE UP TO US$8 MILLION.
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:28 pm

great gatzby wrote:All the while, I thought a Vietnamese tycoon is going to finance the event?

HOANG KIEU WANTS TO FINANCED THE HOSTING FEE AND AS A BUSINESSMAN HE WANTED A GREATER RETURN. YET, THE FORECAST TOLD HIM THAT HE WILL NOT BE EARNING PROFITS WITH THE MW PROJECT.
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Waaaaaaa... hope I guess Manny Villar should use his money and request for the Philippines to be the host for this year's MW.

I am sure he'll get a lot of votes from pageant afficionados.
Of course, I'm just joking! hehehehe...

But kidding aside, hope to see Philippines hosting MW.
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:50 pm

MASAYAKANA? wrote:Waaaaaaa... hope I guess Manny Villar should use his money and request for the Philippines to be the host for this year's MW.

I am sure he'll get a lot of votes from pageant afficionados.
Of course, I'm just joking! hehehehe...

But kidding aside, hope to see Philippines hosting MW.

but if Manny Villar will finance the said MW Hosting, it will cost more than Php 460 million. For sure, almost half of his wealth will be wasted. That's why it is a joke. jejejeje

business is business. that is the case of Hoang Kieu right now so he backed out his plan to finance hte MW hosting.
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Nha Trang for Miss Earth? is that for real? when will that be? Tell me more

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 pm

VIETNAM NO MORE... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad CONFIRMED:

ARTICLE IN VIETNAMESE: http://vnexpress.net/GL/Van-hoa/2010/02/3BA187F8/

Last edited by Ray ND on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 pm

DavaoPrince wrote:Nha Trang for Miss Earth? is that for real? when will that be? Tell me more

NHA TRANG WILL HOST MISS EARTH 2010. 100% CONFIRMED.
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Organizer backs out of 2010 Miss World contest

The authorized organizer of the 2010 Miss World pageant in Vietnam on Friday made a surprise withdrawal from the event, claiming it did not want to get embroiled in an inter-provincial dispute.

Chairman of US-based Rare Antibody Antigen Supply (RAAS), Hoang Kieu, said his company would not organize this year’s pageant as it does not want to “hurt the relationship between Khanh Hoa and Tien Giang,” the provinces caught in a dispute over the official venue for the event.

Both the government and the Miss World Organization have authorized RAAS as the organizer of the event in Vietnam.

At first, the company planned to hold the pageant in the central coastal province of Khanh Hoa and intended to build a resort there as the event venue.

But the resort project was criticized by experts on concerns it would destroy the environment of the Nha Trang Bay, causing RAAS to drop the plan in November 2008.

About a year later RAAS said it would shift the event to Tien Giang Province in the Mekong Delta and would construct a five-star ecotourism resort for the pageant.

The administration of Khanh Hoa Province, however, said the central government has granted the right for Khanh Hoa to host the event and that a venue change could not be decided unilaterally by RAAS. The province had already hosted the Miss Universe contest in August 2008.

Now that RAAS has withdrawn from the beauty pageant, Khanh Hoa Province will have to confirm with the Miss World Organization that it has the US$10 million needed to organize the event itself by February 12.

Le Xuan Than, deputy chairman of Khanh Hoa People’s Committee, said Friday that provincial authorities would decide whether to hold the event next week.

The Performing Arts Department, under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, said the government will not allocate state budget for the pageant, suggesting Khanh Hoa should raise funds from both foreign and domestic sponsors to organize the event.

source: Thanh Nien News
bonner
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:47 pm

So sad... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Desi
Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Location Location : New York/Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by prince_charming Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:36 am

Please notice that..yes its confirmed Khanh Hoa refuse to host Miss World 2010 since the province authority doesnt have any financial support. However, we, Vietnamese people still have more than 60 provinces that are still be the options for Vietnam to host Miss World as long as we can get financial support. So its not confirmed yet Vietnam is not going to host Miss World, its just Khanh Hoa will not host Miss World. We still have Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, Saigon, known as Ho Chi Minh city, still be an option. Even Tuan Chau, really near from Ha Long Bay...So please notice, Vietnam still have a chance to find solution for Miss World. I hope our government will do the best to keep Miss World in Vietnam for 2010.

The fact that Hoang Kieu doesnt support Miss World anymore has a lot of mysteries that even Vietnamese cannot know so there's no official announcement saying Vietnam will not host Miss World
prince_charming
prince_charming

Location Location : Vietnam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

never thought staging MW would this be expensive......just for the title and bragging rights.....

pity for those needy people....MW spends in charity but US10 million is not logical for me...

hope vietnam wont suffer mistreatment in future editions of MW becuase if this....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down