BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are judges really bias with Philippine beauty queens?

4 posters

Go down

are judges really bias with Philippine beauty queens? Empty are judges really bias with Philippine beauty queens?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:58 am

there is another video clip I have just seen. Pamela Bianca Manalo is being interviewed by a US TV show. she said that while they were about to come out of the stage during the swimsuit competition at the finals, she was holding back her tears, actually she cried, because even though she did not advance, her supporters were still shouting her name and her sash

then the sweet and lovely Miss Lebanon, Martine Andraos approached and hugged her and she said:

" Don't feel sad. You did not advance it's not because you aren't beautiful but because you are from the Philippines."

That is a very big (and brave) statement coming from Miss Lebanon. Agree guys? Am I right in thinking that Miss Lebanon thinks also that judges in most world pageants are bias with whoever wears the Philippine sash?

So fans from the Philippines should tone down in hyping our candidates. it's not getting us somewhere.

Back to top Go down

are judges really bias with Philippine beauty queens? Empty Re: are judges really bias with Philippine beauty queens?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:56 am

SO TRUE...

I WAS ABLE TO WATCH THIS BEFORE ON YOUTUBE

Back to top Go down

are judges really bias with Philippine beauty queens? Empty Re: are judges really bias with Philippine beauty queens?

Post by lias313 Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:02 am

I think that alot of this has some truth to it, however no matter which forum you go to there are other girls with fans just as loud (ie. Puerto Rico, Mexico, India, Vietnam, Indonesia)
lias313
lias313

Location Location : Chicago, Il. USA

https://www.facebook.com/lias313

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 am

lias313 wrote:I think that alot of this has some truth to it, however no matter which forum you go to there are other girls with fans just as loud (ie. Puerto Rico, Mexico, India, Vietnam, Indonesia)

You are right, there are always people from every country who hype their candidates but the Filipino fans, I guess, are louder and bolder. It is just so sad that among all these loud fans, the Philippines is being singled out. So I guess we should tone down now and play underdog.

Back to top Go down

Post by lias313 Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 am

It's true filipinos get loud about their pride with everyhting (not just beauty queens but EVERYTHING), it's in the nature of the people whether they are from there or just have blood ties... We are a proud nationlity. I don't really think its solely the hyping, but also the performance of the girls themselves. Take a look at the girls that do well in pageants. These girls were groomed to do this. What about bb. pilipinas? Where do they find their cadidates? Walking down the street or in the mall.Where Miss Philippines always seem to falter is in their preparation. They need better training, better styling, also not only workshops in languages, media, and speaking, but confidence and even maybe some self-issues they may have. Or instead of looking for girls in the mall find girls that are REALLY wanting to do pageants and not just an "in" in showbusiness. Recruit girls from local pageants. Find girls that want this more than just becuase they feel they should do well; but find girls who want this because this is what they want!
lias313
lias313

Location Location : Chicago, Il. USA

https://www.facebook.com/lias313

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelo Batista Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:07 am

Too bad for a philippine delegate until now no one close to Miriam the way she did it... since Donald trump takeover the Miss U chosen only Latina bowing
Angelo Batista
Angelo Batista
Elite
Elite

Location Location : Philippines

Http://www.mdgi.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 am

NICE TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION.

Well, I think it's PARTLY TRUE.
SASH FACTOR. Do you really think that ALL 80 plus candidates will be THOROUGHLY screened? WASTE OF TIME. Recent trend of selecting semi-finalists and winners give me the the impression that the org or the judges will check the candidates of powerhouse countries FIRST. If they're beautiful, they're IN. If they're not, then they're OUT. If quota isn't reached, now it's time to check on the "other" girls. But do powerhouse countries (PR, Venezuela) send mediocre beauties??? SELDOM..and if their candidates are not that beautiful? They will wear an awesome gown, ramp like there's no tomorrow, do everything to get noticed!

This is a lesson that underrated countries like the Philippines should learn. We are way behind other countries when it comes to pageantry. Miss Universe favors women with big hair, big eyes, loud make up, bubbly personalities, rock hard abs, lean arms and what not. This explains why every year, an almost identical set of semi-finalists are called. LATINA-FILLED, that is. Are we ready to send girls with the above qualities? NO.

WHAT CAN WE DO...so we "may" get noticed?? PACKAGE OUR CANDIDATES WELL..AT THE VERY LEAST! Give them a DECENT GOWN for Pete's sake!

Back to top Go down

Post by erah Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:14 am

For MU, just send who will make Trump's di.ck hard. Simple.
erah
erah

Location Location : Nigeria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:21 am

erah wrote:For MU, just send who will make Trump's di.ck hard. Simple.

i strongly agree with this one!
erah! i loove ure avatar!!!! bowing

Back to top Go down

Post by erah Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:23 am

Mikimoto wrote:

i strongly agree with this one!
erah! i loove ure avatar!!!! bowing

Thanks gurl. Advance merry xmas and happy new year. Ur gift to me is simple: A DI.CK. Laughing Laughing
erah
erah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:26 am

@erah- hehe! LOL clap
do you happen to know michael mahiya from peds munti?

Back to top Go down

Post by erah Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 am

Mikimoto wrote:@erah- hehe! LOL clap
do you happen to know michael mahiya from peds munti?

Gurl, im from Mamburao, Mindoro.
erah
erah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:29 am

IM SORRY GIRL, my bad hihi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:53 am

Calderon wrote:
lias313 wrote:I think that alot of this has some truth to it, however no matter which forum you go to there are other girls with fans just as loud (ie. Puerto Rico, Mexico, India, Vietnam, Indonesia)

You are right, there are always people from every country who hype their candidates but the Filipino fans, I guess, are louder and bolder. It is just so sad that among all these loud fans, the Philippines is being singled out. So I guess we should tone down now and play underdog.

This situation is inevitable. Most members of Beauty Fora are Filipinos. For as long as there's no bashing (esp. the below-the-belt ones), I see no reason why we shouldn't be vocal with our praises.

Back to top Go down

Post by highstreet Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:50 am

not a judges its a owner of the pageant

highstreet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:52 am

POLITICS?

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelo Batista Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 am

yes it is politics in the sense that trump choose the winer not by the judge he has big influence
Angelo Batista
Angelo Batista
Elite
Elite

Location Location : Philippines

Http://www.mdgi.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:00 am

i think not only of Philippines but also MExico,,why,,,this country sends stunning ladies,,idk what the hell in the world they still have only 3 crowns,,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:58 am

hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:40 am

i think its true, we've sent some of the best in the recent years but still our candidates have not advanced to the semis...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:34 am

Politics
Trump Card

and Admittedly

Bad Image of our Country

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:02 am

i dont think they're being bias.... it's a matter of luck and right packaging!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:29 pm

baseless =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down