BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY

Go down

FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY Empty FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY

Post by Ray Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:17 pm

FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY PadrePioStigmata
FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY Padrepio
FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY Padre-pio-stigmata

‘Saint faked stigmata by pouring acid on his hands’
An Italian monk who became the country’s best-loved saint after being canonised by Pope John Paul II and who claimed to suffer stigmata or the wounds of Christ was a fake who used carbolic acid, according to a controversial new book.

Padre Pio, who died in 1968 and who was canonized in 2002, claimed to have first suffered the stigmata – holes in his hands and feet where nails pierced Christ at the Crucifixion – since he was a young priest aged 24.

He enjoyed a massive following with thousands visiting him and even today nearly 30 years after his death he has a millions of devotees around the world and he is especially popular with Italian celebrities such as Sophia Loren and Andrea Bocelli.

However a new book called “The Other Christ: Padre Pio and the Italy of the 19th Century” by historian Sergio Luzzatto claims that the wounds were self created using carbolic acid and he claims to have found documentary evidence to prove it in the Vatican’s secret archives.

A letter he has discovered from a pharmacist called Maria De Vito, 28, who had made a pilgrimage in 1919 to see Padre Pio at his monastery at San Giovanni Rotondo near Foggia, southern Italy.

In the document Maria wrote: “I was an admirer of Padre Pio and met him for the first time in July 1919. I was there for a month and had the opportunity to see him close hand several times and I always had an excellent opinion of him.

“The eve of my departure for Foggia, Padre Pio called me to one side and in great secrecy and asking me not to tell his fellow brothers gave me personally an empty bottle he asked me to act as a chauffeur take it back from Foggia to San Giovanni Rotondo with four grams of pure carbolic acid.

“He explained that the acid was for disinfecting syringes for injections and he also asked for other medicines such as Valda tablets.”

The document added that a month later a further request arrived from Padre Pio in which he asked for four grams of veratrine (painkiller) which was not available in her pharmacy so she asked her cousin who refused because he feared it was being used for faking his stigmata.

The book highlights that the testimony was presented to the Vatican by the local archbishop Pasquale Gagliardi who was an enemy of Padre Pio and who always suspected that the wounds were self inflicted with acid and then perfumed with cologne.

However the Vatican dismissed the documents after carrying out their own investigations which ruled that the wounds were not caused by “external forces.”

The Catholic Anti-Defamation League have hit back at the author of the book, historian Sergio Luzzatto, saying:

“We would like to remind Mr Luzzatto that according to Catholic doctrine, canonisation carries with it papal infallibility.”

FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY PadreFREE_468x317
IF PADRE PIO'S STIGMATA WAS FAKE, HOW COME HIS MORTAL BODY WAS NOT DECOMPOSED? HE DIED IN 1968.
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Location Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY Empty Re: FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:45 pm

omg to that,,,

Back to top Go down

FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY Empty Re: FAKE STIGMATA? NEW BOOK UNVEILS PADRE PIO'S FAKE STIGMATA CONSPIRACY

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Oh pleaseeeee, my faith says Padre Pio's stigmata were not fake.

This accusation is blasphemy!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 am

Calderon wrote:Oh pleaseeeee, my faith says Padre Pio's stigmata were not fake.

This accusation is blasphemy!!!

I also thought the same.
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Location Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down