BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venus a no show for MU training. What's going on?

2 posters

Go down

Venus a no show for MU training.  What's going on? Empty Venus a no show for MU training. What's going on?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:06 am

Dethroned beauty queen no-show for Miss ‘U’ training

By ROBERT R. REQUINTINA
April 13, 2010, 5:54pm

Four days after local pageant organizers announced that she may reclaim the title, dethroned Bb. Pilipinas-Universe Maria Venus Raj was still a no-show Tuesday at the Bb. Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BPCI) office at the Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City to start her training as the country’s representative to the 2010 Miss Universe beauty pageant.

“The BPCI is trying to get her (Raj) to start training pero she has other commitments daw,’’ a source at the Araneta Group of Companies said.

“We’re running out of time because aside from the local training, our representative will be trained abroad. It’s an extensive training, not an ordinary one, ’’ another source said.

Other sources said Raj has not applied her application for passport, one of the conditions which the BPCI stated so that she could reclaim the crown.

Observers questioned the cold treatment Raj is giving to the pageant organizers despite the second chance given her. “Baka ayaw na n’ya maging beauty queen. Gusto na lang nya maging artista,” one observer said.
Sources said Raj should choose between the contract with the BPCI or the contract with her lawyers.
“She has to fulfill her duties as a beauty queen if she really wants to become a Binibini,’’ one source said.
Last March 29, the BPCI let Raj go “after the organization discovered inconsistencies contained in her birth records, in contrast to her personal account of her birth.’’

Second-runnerup Helen Nicollette Henson was later announced to join the 59th edition of the Miss Universe beauty contest in August. But last April 10, the Executive Committee of BPCI announced that Raj will now have the chance to represent the country in the most prestigious beauty pageant.

“After due deliberation, we have reassessed the situation pertaining to Miss Maria Venus Raj and have decided, for humanitarian reasons, that if she is able to obtain a valid Philippine passport, we will reinstate her as the reigning Bb Pilipinas-Universe," organizers said in a statement.

The same committee said, "We are sensitive to her situation, but we are aware too, of our responsibilities as an entity existing under Philippine law."

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/252506/dethroned-beauty-queen-noshow-miss-u-training

Is this a set-up by BPCI? Are they going through the back door to come up with an excuse to de-throne Venus again? Is Venus stalling for a reason? Since she is not officially "Miss Philippines" yet, is she staying away until it is "official" (when she gets her passport)? What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down

Venus a no show for MU training.  What's going on? Empty Re: Venus a no show for MU training. What's going on?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 am

After thought...

I'm not really sure if this is a ruse by BPCI or if Venus is waiting until she is declared the official "Miss Philippines Universe" before she does any training. Either way, it bothers me. Folks, I'm a big Venus fan and I have/had high hopes for her at MU. I even DARED to dream that she just might become our third MU. However, the one thought that keeps crossing my mind is: Why didn't her handlers, her family take care of this birth certifcate problems BEFORE she entered. If there was one ounce of doubt that her paperwork may have not been proper or correct, it should have been taken care of IMMEDIATELY and BEFORE she entered the pageant. Surely her handlers knew what it takes to get a passport. Even if you were up front about the irregularities, that's not an excuse to go ahead and participate and, if on the off chance you win, think it will all be okay. As hard as she prepared to grab the coveted crown, her handlers, her family, and she, herself, should have put as much effort into getting her paperwork in order. Letting everyone know up front that your paperwork is not correct is not an excuse to continue on thinking it would not be a problem in the future.

I'm sorry everyone if I touch a raw nerve with you. I became a HUGE Venus fan when she was selected as our representative for MU (even though I was rooting for Krista). She was one of my three favorites and I was happy when she won. With all the drama that has gone on, I still can't help but wonder why oh why oh why oh why didn't SOMEONE take care of this problem before it all began? Hopefully, this wasn't a case of "Mamaya" or "Bahala Na" on the part of her handlers.

Sigh...

Back to top Go down

Venus a no show for MU training.  What's going on? Empty Re: Venus a no show for MU training. What's going on?

Post by Dylan Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:19 pm

In her case it isn't easy to acquire her passport knowing it's legalities. Her lawyers has to deal with the discrepancies that pertains to her existing records. I will not think BPCI will just deliberately remove her chance within this time period...she has the WHOLE year to perform her duties as Miss Philippines.
Venus is a genuine soul. A sweetheart and a fighter. Don't worry guys, Venus knows what she's doing.
Dylan
Dylan
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : MIDDLE EAST

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Obtaining passport may be rushed by paying certain fees, but with the circumstances surrounding Venus' case, I don't think it's merely obtaining her Phil. passport that would solve everything. Venus' predicament has been made a national issue. There are some concerns that need to be addressed before she shows up in the BPCI office for resumption of training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 pm

The real question is Did they reinstate her already? No. There were "conditions". They should have reinstated her and ASSISTED her with the needed documents. I kinda disliked how the conditions were stated.
We will reinstate her if SHE can secure a valid passport. They should ASSIST Venus and not leave her alone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:57 pm

TV PATROL: Venus wants to be reinstated WITH NO "CONDITIONS" in THREE (3) DAYS. She insisted that she never lied nor did any misrepresentations.

So, how can BPCI invite her to trainings when she isn't Bb. Pilinas Universe (again) yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:36 pm

This drama is not going away. Seems to be "Snow balling". Each side seems to be aggrevating the other. I'm wondering how this is truly going to end...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:07 am

Venus stated that she won't accept the Condition given by BPCI...She wanted her name to be cleared from controversies in order for her to compete without any tails of prejudices and issues that may pull her chances to get a spot in the semis of MU 2010. As what she said, she will not accept the crown back just because BPCI sympathize her due to humanitarian reasons. She should be back as BBP Universe 2010 because she is well deserve and that she didn't lie with evrything whatsoever. I guess Venus is fighting for her dignity this time.

Last edited by DavaoPrince on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:09 am

el_jugador wrote: The real question is Did they reinstate her already? No. There were "conditions". They should have reinstated her and ASSISTED her with the needed documents. I kinda disliked how the conditions were stated.
We will reinstate her if SHE can secure a valid passport. They should ASSIST Venus and not leave her alone!
So, she still isn't the official candidate?
Desi
Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Location Location : New York/Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 am

Desi wrote:
el_jugador wrote: The real question is Did they reinstate her already? No. There were "conditions". They should have reinstated her and ASSISTED her with the needed documents. I kinda disliked how the conditions were stated.

NOT YET, Des. BPCI wants her to get a valid passport first before they'll reinstate her. There is something "legally" wrong with her birth certificate. She has to fix it first before she can get a passport. We dunno how long will that take. For the passport alone, the fastest time she can get it is within 15 days if I'm not mistaken.

Venus on her part wants to be reinstated WITHOUT CONDITIONS. If you were to ask me, I think Venus' camp should be contented with the chance BPCI gave them. Process her documents A.S.A.P.!!! Per recent tv interview, she wants to be cleared of the misrepresentation issue because she doesn't want a tainted name. For me, this is useless as THE WHOLE UNIVERSE NOW KNOWS ABOUT IT!

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:32 am

el_jugador wrote:
Desi wrote:

NOT YET, Des. BPCI wants her to get a valid passport first before they'll reinstate her. There is something "legally" wrong with her birth certificate. She has to fix it first before she can get a passport. We dunno how long will that take. For the passport alone, the fastest time she can get it is within 15 days if I'm not mistaken.

Venus on her part wants to be reinstated WITHOUT CONDITIONS. If you were to ask me, I think Venus' camp should be contented with the chance BPCI gave them. Process her documents A.S.A.P.!!! Per recent tv interview, she wants to be cleared of the misrepresentation issue because she doesn't want a tainted name. For me, this is useless as THE WHOLE UNIVERSE NOW KNOWS ABOUT IT!
I see, I asked because here in the forum is changed back as Miss Philippines 2010 in a thread, so I guess still Miss Philippines is Helen.
Desi
Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:48 am

Yep, since Helen took over, she's still Bb. Pilipinas Universe strictly speaking but getting Venus' documents straightened and getting a passport CAN BE DONE. It's just a matter of time and she should not waste any. Good thing Helen is just "cool" with the idea. I've read in OPMB that she's more worried that she has a pimple on her nose now rather than Venus' reinstatement. What a fine young lady!

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 am

el_jugador wrote:Yep, since Helen took over, she's still Bb. Pilipinas Universe strictly speaking but getting Venus' documents straightened and getting a passport CAN BE DONE. It's just a matter of time and she should not waste any. Good thing Helen is just "cool" with the idea. I've read in OPMB that she's more worried that she has a pimple on her nose now rather than Venus' reinstatement. What a fine young lady!
That is called being a GOOD SPORT, she's still Bb. Pilipinas, where is Helen's THREAD? It was in MU forum...
Desi
Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 am

There lies the danger--once people [lawyers, et. al.] start dipping their fingers on the matter...the chance is there, hope she seizes it...carpe diem, girl!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:08 am

el_jugador wrote:
Desi wrote:

Venus needs to stop this back and forth and just get her paperwork in order and JUST GET HER PASSPORT. Enough with the "I want my name cleared". Do what needs to be done and then do well in MU - that'll clear your name. With all this drama going on, if indeed she goes to MU, what if she doesn't even make the first cut? With all this drama and bagage that she will carry with her, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she is totally shut out. That would be a pity.

Unfortunately, the one thing the Venus camp/lawyers keeps avoiding a response to is, knowing that there was a possibility that she would represent our country in an international competition, why not get everything corrected/fixed PRIOR to the competition? Oh well, it's water under the bridge now. I just wish that this "pissing contest" (pardon me) would end. Either just get the documents in order and proudly represent us or quit and find another path you were destined for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down