BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC's Pre-Arrival Thoughts For MU 2010

+2
PRINCE CALIXTO
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
6 posters

Go down

MC's Pre-Arrival Thoughts For MU 2010 Empty MC's Pre-Arrival Thoughts For MU 2010

Post by MISS COSMOPOLITAN Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Miss Universe season is now approaching! This year, 2010, is a very competitive batch. It is a reminiscent of 2004 were we witnessed several girls with potentials.

Everyone is excited and starting to feel the suspense. Pre-arrival faves and lists are now across the forum. All of us are focusing our attention to Team Europe which seems to be the strongest. This set of delegates is really giving me a hard time to come up with a pre-arrival Top 15 so I decided to browse each delegate's pics and profiles and came up with a Top 25 list.

_________________________________________________________________________________

CARIBBEAN - This region seems to be impressive compared to last year. I can feel that at least three of them will place.

ARUBA - She is pretty but for certain reasons, I am not a fan.

BAHAMAS - Braneka is certainly pretty and has nice body. I hope she receives a great preparation to achieve Bahamas' first MU placement. She has to work harder because this region is coming very strong this year.

BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS - She has a sweet face but I don't think it's enough to place.

CURACAO - Safira looks charming! Her angelic beauty is her main weapon but I think she is quite unforgettable. Well, I hope the hype of her fans works out.

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - Eva seems to be the most prepared Caribbean girl this year. Some can argue that she looks manly but make ups can do miracle! I cannot wait for the prelims and see her presentation.

HAITI - I am glad that this country is back in Miss Universe! Gerthie David almost took home the crown in 1975 and I hope Sarodj can get some inspiration from that. She is cute but I can feel that she wont surprise us well when she arrives in Las Vegas.She is a possible Trump card and may get sympathy with what happened to Haiti few months ago.

JAMAICA - She is now considered a favourite. With her pageant experiences, I think she can duplicate the performance of Christine Straw. She has a pretty face but her styling isn't that great.

PUERTO RICO - Puerto Ricans are known to be fierce and Mariana is no exception! I commend her for the improvements I see from her. She should stay blonde at Miss Universe I guess. I think she is one of the girls who are almost sure of a spot in the Top 15 this year. Buena suerte Mariana!

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO - Initially I like La Toya but she is quite fading for me. Without a doubt, she has a pretty face and a killer body but lacks the appeal.

US VIRGIN ISLANDS - I doubt her chances but who knows, she can be one of the shockers of 2010.

STRONG CONTENDERS - PUERTO RICO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, JAMAICA

_________________________________________________________________________________

ASIA PACIFIC - I guess, Asia Pacific this year is average with the exception of some ladies. With the strong Team Europe and the fierce Latinas, I hope this region can manage to snatch at least two spots.

AUSTRALIA - I am glad that this sweet young girl is receiving a great preparation. Many says that Jesinta is a step down from Laura and Rachael but I have to disagree with them. Yes, she will face a tough battle but with her charm and good training, she is likely to continue the streak. Sometimes, MUO chooses girls who aren't fierce - remember the Europeans last year.

CHINA - She is cute and has a nice porcelain skin. Seems to be stylish and could be her strongest point. But still, I don't feel this girl to be a semifinalist.

GUAM - Sorry, but last year was better. Still, good luck Vanessa!

INDIA - This girl is beautiful but she needs to be consistent. I like her profile photo at the MU site and for me, it's one of the best! Having Sushmita as the new franchise holder, India has the advantage of being a Trump choice. She just needs to work out on her body. I am afraid that SS will be her weakness, if she was only taller...I hope she can do a Celina.

INDONESIA - I like her. She is pretty and has a positive aura. I am not expecting her to place but it is nice to see that Indonesia is again represented by a lovely and likeable lady!

ISRAEL - Another 'belleza natural'! But I hope she is more of that - that she can deliver and rock the MU stage!

JAPAN - Maiko may not be your Kurara or Miyako in terms of beauty, but this Nihonjin is clearly the most prepared girl in Asia! Fashion and style are her greatest weapons. What made me love this girl? She is edgy and definitely knows what style suits her.

KAZAKHSTAN - Her exotic beauty is nice but still not a lucky year for this country

KOREA - Miss World experience will definitely help her. She is now gradually changing her MW sweet aura to a MU sexy girl. She is definitely a better representative than last year. I hope she will be fierce in her presentation.

LEBANON - What's wrong with Lebanon?! She lacks fierceness and appeal.

MALAYSIA - Her beauty reminds me of Maggie Wilson. I like Nadine and I hope Andrea gives her an intensive training. It's time for Malaysia to have their second MU placement!

NEW ZEALAND - Ria van Dyke is without a doubt the best girl New Zealand has ever sent to MU in years! One of the best faces this year and I believe that she will be a hit among pageant fans when the ladies arrive in Las Vegas. With amazing eyes, I see Crystle Stewart's aura with her. Trump shouldn't ignore this beauty!

PHILIPPINES - What I like about Venus Raj is her determination. She is a very focused lady and that's her advantage. For Miss Universe, she has the catwalk and stage presence. The only thing that really bothers me is how BPCI will package her for the contest. I just hope to see a stylish and edgy VR in Vegas this August. Her hairstyle in her profile photo in MU site is great. Also, I want her to be concise with her answers, she seems to be uncomfortable with the Q and A. VR, just relax and organize your thoughts.

SINGAPORE - I prefer Rachel Tam over her. Good luck Singapore.

SRI LANKA - My knowledge with this girls is very little. Basing with the pictures I have seen, she isn't special.

THAILAND - She is pretty! Her catwalk is great. Thailand is known to have good evening gowns so I am expecting Fonthip to have a good one. I am keeping an eye on her - she is one of those possible Asian semifinalists this year!

VIETNAM - TBA

STRONG CONTENDERS - AUSTRALIA, JAPAN, PHILIPPINES, NEW ZEALAND, THAILAND, INDIA, ISRAEL

AFRICA - This region is weak. Only South Africa has the chance to place. Egypt is pretty but I guess we might see her as a clapper. The rest are okay but not MU materials.

ANGOLA - Good luck Angola! I hope they send a high caliber girl next year.

BOTSWANA - Typical African girl. Nice to see Botswana again in MU!

EGYPT - This country has not placed in MU yet. I hope Donia be the first but I doubt. She is pretty but lacks the MU aura. I think she is more suitable for MW.

GHANA - I hope she isn't a photoshopped girl. She looks great with her picture above!

MAURITIUS - Pretty but she lacks the appeal. I guess Miss Earth is a better pageant for her.

NIGERIA - Cute! I don't think she'll place but she is one of the gems of Africa this year.

SOUTH AFRICA - ' aura is more of a Miss World but nonetheless, this girl is the best in Africa so far. I think she is an underrated beauty but I am sure she will grow to pageant fans' hearts when MU starts.

TANZANIA - She looks promising. Good luck!

ZAMBIA - She looks okay but I guess no chances to place.

STRONG CONTENDER - SOUTH AFRICA

AMERICAS - As always, this region is the most successful in Miss Universe. Who knows, the winner this year may come again from this part of the world.

ARGENTINA - This nation lost its powerhouse status since 1980's. Yesica isn't the best from this region but there are some things that I like from her. I think she'll do well in interview coz I've heard that she's a smart lady. Not the best choice from Argentina but I find her prettier than Magali who was a semifinalist in 2006.

BOLIVIA - I don't know much from her but she has a pretty face. She has the potential to make it. Her good body is her biggest weapon.

BRAZIL - The lovely Debora is ready to set Miss Universe on fire! Her Top Model of the World experience is an advantage. Two things I am worried of, her body which needs toning, and the possibility that she may look mature because of wrong make up. Debora is natural looking and that is what I am missing from the previous Misses Brazil so I hope to see that.

CANADA - Elena's natural beauty really strikes me. It will be an easy job for her to be in the Top 15 if beauty will be the sole basis. But sad to say, MU isn't like that. Elena must improve her stage presence and catwalk. She seems to be an ice on stage sometimes. Spark lacks and quite unforgettable. She improved from her Miss International stint but I think it isn't enough yet. If she wont work hard for that, she could be the next Suzan Budai.

COLOMBIA - I love that smile! Natalia comes to be the most prepared Latina this year. Her killer body is surely an advantage together with that amazing catwalk. This girl is a total package for pageants like Miss Universe! Expect a great preformance from her!

COSTA RICA - I don't know what to say with Marva. She seems to be a nice girl but facially I don't find her beautiful. One thing that I like her, she looks natural.

ECUADOR - She isn't a favourite of mine but she looks pretty. She just needs to experiment with her make up coz I find her features quite strong.

EL SALVADOR - Sonia Cruz is one of the Latinas who needs more preparation. She looks okay.

GUATEMALA - An average girl for me. Pretty face, nice body but a weak sash.

GUYANA - Not a standout. Though I think she will be good at interviews.

HONDURAS - Her face is okay. Kenia's body seems to be her best asset. Overall, she is a decent candidate.

MEXICO - Facially, I like her. But she needs to improve her body and her styling. She always comes out with the same style. Nice catwalk but she must add more personality. I really wish she enters the semis!

NICARAGUA - I think she is doing a good job with her training. Nice improvement from the looks but still not enough to be a standout. She can rely much on her presentation skills.

PANAMA - Panama made a good choice with Anyoli. One of the darkhorses!

PARAGUAY - I don't agree with her victory. There were better ladies from the national pageant. I find her look unnatural.

PERU - I gave my full support to Karen Schwarz last year and this time, Giuliana is one of my personal faves among the Latinas. her fierceness are witnessed on her photos. Her looks may not be your typical Latina but it's full of appeal and seduction. The training that she is receiving now will help of course! I'm very much excited to see her rule the runway!

URUGUAY - Gorgeous! I love her face! She is the only Latina who can battle the beautiful Europeans in terms of beauty! I think she is the Latina version of Rozanna. Very much promising! She just needs a decent gown and a good catwalk!

USA - If there is one MU delegate who is almost sure of a spot in the semifinals, it's Rima Fakih. She will make it not only for her sash but because of her beauty and personality. I have a feeling that if she enters the Top 5, it will be a victory for the USA! Remember, personality really matters in the final round, Riyo, Dayana and Stefania! But I want her to tone down her bubbly personality in the EG round, I just want to see more of her class and elegance. She quite fading now but I know Rima will be back soon!

VENEZUELA - One thing is sure from Marelisa, she will deliver the goods! I must admit that she isn't a Dayana Mendoza or Ly Joinaitis is terms of beauty but there is really something in her. She has this glow in her eyes that tells I am not your ordinary girl! Threepeat can happen! Osmel is now giving Marelisa the best of the best!

STRONG CONTENDERS - BRAZIL, COLOMBIA, MEXICO, USA, VENEZUELA

EUROPE - OMG! This is for sure the strongest European line up ever! If last year we were shocked that the Old Continent dominated the semis, I think this time is different - we will agree that European supremacy is likely to happen! Could they win the crown this time? Europe will try to make a revenge for their stolen crown!

ALBANIA - Sex appeal is all over her! Anxhela is the best Albanian in Miss Universe! The crown can possibly land on her head. I am in love with her catwalk!

BELGIUM - Though I like Zeynep more, Belgium sends another stunning lady! But having a tough competition this year, her chances becomes smaller.

CROATIA - I am not a fan of her beauty but her body is awesome! A very possible back to back placement for Croatia!

CYPRUS - Demetra has this model look which she should take as her advantage. But I think she is quite unforgettable.

CZECH REPUBLIC - This country is slowly becoming a force in Europe. Jitka is not my cup of tea but basing the country's performance in MU, she has good chances. She must know how to standout or else she will be eaten by the stronger Europeans.

DENMARK - She is absolutely stunning! Her beauty is really striking! I hope she delivers the good come this August.

FINLAND - This country has a pretty candidate. Viivi Pumpanen hopes to stop the drought for FINLAND. The last Finnish woman to enter Miss Universe semifinals was Lola Odusoga in 1996. I wish she was taller.

FRANCE - She really has a nice resemblance with Taliana. I like her natural beauty but I don't find her placing very high. Top 15 or Top 10 is the highest position she can get. Her energetic catwalk is her advantage from the other Europeans.

GEORGIA - Nothing much to say with Nana. Hope she enjoys Las Vegas.

GERMANY - I thought she was a strong contender based from her earlier photos. Good luck to her!

GREAT BRITAIN - Tara is pretty but MU is not the right pageant for her. When will we see a stunner from Great Britain?

GREECE - I don't think Greece made a right choice with Anna. She looks raw for me. But there is still hope for her, she must rely from her naturalness and improve her catwalk.

HUNGARY - A decent body and that's it! It should have been that Jennifer who is representing Hungary!

IRELAND - I think her beauty is a mixed of Irina and Michaela's. Beautiful flaming eyes! Her eyes really catch everyone's attention. I wonder what look she will sport this August.

ITALY - I don't see anything special from her. She will be an ordinary candidate joining Miss Universe.

KOSOVO - Her predecessors are better than her but who knows, Kosovo's charm is still there. She is 50-50 for me. Looks great though with her recent photos.

MONTENEGRO - One of the clappers...

NETHERLANDS - I am starting to like Desiree. She seems to be an intelligent lady and could be s great spokesperson for MUO. Though Iam not seeing her in the semis as of the moment, things can change as she has great potentials.

NORWAY - Another exotic beauty! But I'm sorry to her fans that I'm not a fan. For me, she is the weakest among the Scandinavian beauties.

POLAND - Height is advantage. Im not expecting anything from her. Hope to see her in Miss World or Miss Earth where Poland does better.

ROMANIA - I love the face but hate her catwalk! She needs to be energetic and be confident with herself.

RUSSIA - Her soft, classic and effortless beauty really amazes me. If Russia wants to get back their lost MU crown, they were right sending Irina to this pageant. As of now, she is one of the best and there is no way of ignoring this gorgeous lady.

SERBIA - Good luck Serbia! I don't see potentials with her. She is pretty though.

SLOVAK REPUBLIC - Anna is naturally gorgeous and has an amazing and fit body. The drought of Slovak republic might be broken by Anna. I wont ask fierceness from Anna because some European semifinalists last year lacked it. Europeans present themselves in natural way so I think it will work for Anna but make sure it wont be boring. I just wish her to have a great gown coz last year was a disaster!

SLOVENIA - No spark at all. I miss Tjasa!

SPAIN - Beauty, body, presence, experience, charisma - name it, this belleza espanola got all of it! I wanna see Spain in the Top 5 and hopefully wins the crown! My sentimenal favorite this year!

SWEDEN - The strongest Swedish beauty to participate in MU after Malin Olsson. Michaela has the beauty, attitude, catwalk, charisma which are perfect for Miss Universe! Michaela is the bomb! Trump will surely notice this bombshell - seduction is her game!

SWITZERLAND - I almost forget her when the other Europeans were crowned. Still one of the most beautiful blondes and a lot better than Whitney tough I'm afraid she wont make it.

TURKEY - Just your typical Turkish girl. Have fun in Las Vegas!

UKRAINE - This girl knows how to play her game! She is the most prepared delegate from the region I guess. Connections will help her. Overall, Europe can rely with Anna!

STRONG CONTENDERS - ALBANIA, IRELAND, RUSSIA, SPAIN, UKRAINE, SWEDEN

>=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p

MC'S PRE-ARRIVAL TOPLIST

ALBANIA, AUSTRALIA, BRAZIL, CANADA, COLOMBIA

DR, FRANCE, IRELAND, JAMAICA, JAPAN

MEXICO, NEW ZEALAND, PERU, PHILIPPINES, PR,

RUSSIA, SLOVAK, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SWEDEN

THAILAND, UKRAINE, URUGUAY, USA, VENEZUELA
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers heart

Last edited by MISS COSMOPOLITAN on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
Pageant Fan
Pageant Fan

Back to top Go down

MC's Pre-Arrival Thoughts For MU 2010 Empty Re: MC's Pre-Arrival Thoughts For MU 2010

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Wonderful intricate analysis.. We really needed 1 like this in this forum... I am surprised that u don't include Denmark, (1 of the most beautiful of all the girls), amongst your pre- pageant favorites and also Trinidad & Tobago, her last shots of her working her white EG were smoldering hot!. I also happen to find South Africa very plain.. If she carried the sash of Miss Romania, or Miss Bulgaria, she wouldn't be a semi favorite of some...Ghana in my opinion, is much more deserving... but we all have different tastes!.. Great job! Smile
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF VENEZUELA
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF VENEZUELA

Location Location : Now California/ Florida- USA

Back to top Go down

MC's Pre-Arrival Thoughts For MU 2010 Empty Re: MC's Pre-Arrival Thoughts For MU 2010

Post by MISS COSMOPOLITAN Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:45 pm

PRINCE CALIXTO wrote:Wonderful intricate analysis.. We really needed 1 like this in this forum... I am surprised that u don't include Denmark, (1 of the most beautiful of all the girls), amongst your pre- pageant favorites and also Trinidad & Tobago, her last shots of her working her white EG were smoldering hot!. I also happen to find South Africa very plain.. If she carried the sash of Miss Romania, or Miss Bulgaria, she wouldn't be a semi favorite of some...Ghana in my opinion, is much more deserving... but we all have different tastes!.. Great job! Smile

I havent seen much from Denmark yet. SA is actually pretty for me. Africa will be represented in the semis and its likely to be SA. On the other hand, I hope Ghana will live up to expectations. She is good though.
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
Pageant Fan
Pageant Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eblazer Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Europe has the best delagtes this edition of MU! Wow, why Denmark was always overlooked? This country always send gorgeous girls. I hope that girl will not be ignored come pageant night! Still, am rooting for Venus, Miss Philippines. And you are right Miss Cosmopolitan, she needs to be more relax when answering question(s) and have to organize what she wants to convey. I wish, she'll get tips from her friends like Karla Henry and other Miss Earth beauties in asnwering questions.
Eblazer
Eblazer
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : Cebu City

Back to top Go down

Post by sanen Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 pm

absolutely agree especially with MISS FRANCE
sanen
sanen
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF INDIA
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF INDIA

Location Location : india

Back to top Go down

Post by bonner Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 pm

nice presentation..but still i cant appreciate france and ukraine Surprised
bonner
bonner
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF PHILIPPINES

Location Location : philippines

Back to top Go down

Post by Desi Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks MC... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Desi
Desi
EP Dean
EP Dean

Location Location : New York/Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down