BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Friendliest Countries (2009)

2 posters

Go down

World's Friendliest Countries (2009) Empty World's Friendliest Countries (2009)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:09 pm

World's Friendliest Countries (2009) 1bah210 World's Friendliest Countries (2009) 1bah310
The result of a new survey of 3,100 expatriates conducted by HSBC Bank reveals that Bahrain ranks first in one key measure of how easy it is for expatriates to set up a new life for their families. This tiny Persian Gulf country received high marks from expats who like the country's easy access to modern health care, decent and affordable housing, and network of social groups that expatriates can join.

World's Friendliest Countries (2009) 1bah10 World's Friendliest Countries (2009) 1bah110 World's Friendliest Countries (2009) 1bah510 World's Friendliest Countries (2009) 1bah610
Canada, which ranked first in a similar survey last year, fell to second place on HSBC's integration score, which measures how easily foreigners and their families can settle into a new country. Australia, Thailand and Malaysia rounded out the top five. Foreign workers in these countries found it easy to make local friends and said they enjoyed a higher quality of life than in their native countries.

South Africa, HongKong, Singapore, Spain and the United States complete the Top 10 list.

The United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom received some of the poorest scores on the integration scale.

Back to top Go down

World's Friendliest Countries (2009) Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries (2009)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:37 pm

This is true. One of my closest friends who's working there can attest to this.
Glad to see Thailand and Australia in the list.

Back to top Go down

World's Friendliest Countries (2009) Empty Re: World's Friendliest Countries (2009)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:12 pm

litihatme wrote:Can I have the source?

I think Vietnam should join in this list....

Vietnam is one budding country I'd like to be -- short term-stay or otherwise...
For the article on world friendliest, please refer to:

http://news.in.msn.com/business/forbes/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3469127
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/08/the-worlds-friendliest-co_n_384203.html?page=2&show_comment_id=35933403#comment_35933403

Back to top Go down

Post by erah Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Aren't we friendly enough to be in the list? I mean our hospitality is one of kind in the whole wide world.
erah
erah

Location Location : Nigeria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:53 pm

The article in Forbes.com where this survey has been setforth is not without a flaw...inclusion of Hongkong, for instance, is questionable; that technically, it is not a country...

I share same sentiments with Sr. J re: inclusion of Thailand & Australia. Apart from my fellow countrymen, the Thais are among the friendliest people I've met... Australia on the other hand gives premium to its labor force's well-being...I love those slogans I saw on the road...e.g. Drive Home Safely, Your Family Awaits You...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:02 pm

erah wrote:Aren't we friendly enough to be in the list? I mean our hospitality is one of kind in the whole wide world.

We Filipinos are hospitable, yes, but being such is not the only factor considered. The respondents of the survey ranked their new homes based on 23 factors, including food, entertainment, health care, commute and education. Of those measures, HSBC selected eight to create its so-called "integration score," a snapshot of which countries are most welcoming to expats...to wit:

Making Friends
Making Local Friends
Joining Community Groups
Organizing School For My Children
Organizing My Finances
Organizing My Health Care
Finding Somewhere To Live
Setting Up Utilities

Back to top Go down

Post by erah Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:06 pm

great gatzby wrote:
erah wrote:Aren't we friendly enough to be in the list? I mean our hospitality is one of kind in the whole wide world.

We Filipinos are hospitable, yes, but being such is not the only factor considered. The respondents of the survey ranked their new homes based on 23 factors, including food, entertainment, health care, commute and education. Of those measures, HSBC selected eight to create its so-called "integration score," a snapshot of which countries are most welcoming to expats...to wit:

Making Friends
Making Local Friends
Joining Community Groups
Organizing My Finances
Setting Up Utilities

Ive thought of that too even before the reply with an explanation was made.Too bad for us Pinoys, no matter how friendly we are, it seems we need to catch up...BIG TIME.
erah
erah

Location Location : Nigeria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:15 pm

erah wrote:
great gatzby wrote:

Making Friends
Making Local Friends
Joining Community Groups
Organizing My Finances
Setting Up Utilities

Ive thought of that too even before the reply with an explanation was made.Too bad for us Pinoys, no matter how friendly we are, it seems we need to catch up...BIG TIME.

The good news is, the Philippines is nowhere in the bottom of the list...the data collected by HSBC may cause concern for those considering a move to Russia, Qatar or India, who come bottom of the list for living standards for expats. And perhaps more surprisingly, despite coming 1st for entertainment, the United Kingdom sits just above Russia, fourth from bottom. Food appears to be an issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:25 am

great gatzby wrote:
The article in Forbes.com where this survey has been setforth is not without a flaw...inclusion of Hongkong, for instance, is questionable; that technically, it is not a country...

I share same sentiments with Sr. J re: inclusion of Thailand & Australia. Apart from my fellow countrymen, the Thais are among the friendliest people I've met... Australia on the other hand gives premium to its labor force's well-being...I love those slogans I saw on the road...e.g. Drive Home Safely, Your Family Awaits You...

This makes the negative publicity for Australia as a "racist country" a big joke!
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:29 am

chino wrote:
great gatzby wrote:

This makes the negative publicity for Australia as a "racist country" a big joke!

Racist? There maybe instances of this kind of discrimination but these are isolated cases...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down