BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish

3 posters

Go down

Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish Empty Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish

Post by sayonako Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish Fem6hj

The winner of Australia's "Best Job in the World" contest has survived a sting from a potentially deadly jellyfish just days before the end of his dream stint on the Great Barrier Reef.

The winner of Australia's "Best Job in the World" contest has survived a sting from a potentially deadly jellyfish just days before the end of his dream stint on the Great Barrier Reef.

British charity worker Ben Southall said he needed emergency medical treatment after being stung by the highly venomous irukandji jellyfish while jetskiing off Hamilton Island.

"I was feeling pretty hot and sweaty, had a headache and felt pretty sick too, together with pain in my lower back and a tightness in the chest and a really high blood pressure," he wrote on his blog.

Southall, 34, had injections before falling into a deep sleep and was not aware of what had happened until the next day.

"I'd had a minor brush with what can be a very serious jellyfish and has led to people being hospitalised for a number of days," he said.

"My slight knock was enough to tell me that its not something to be messed around with and I really should have been wearing a full stinger suit."

At least two swimmers have been hospitalised by the tiny, fingernail-sized irukandji this year, including one man who was airlifted from the picturesque Whitsunday Islands on Monday.

Southall beat out 34,000 competitors to land the six-month "caretaker" stint on Hamilton Island, during which he was paid to explore the idyllic region and blog about his experiences. His term expires at the end of the year.

Photo: The Irukandji Jellyfish that can kill a person:

Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish 800px-Irukandji-jellyfish-queensland-australia

Source: http://news.ph.msn.com/regional/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3767807
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish Empty Re: Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish

Post by Ray Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:12 pm

jelly fish stings makes you temporarily paralyzed. bad luck for him
Ray
Ray
EP Reporter
EP Reporter

Location Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish Empty Re: Australia's 'Best Job' winner stung by jellyfish

Post by Dylan Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 am

especially the Box Jellfish...
Dylan
Dylan
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : MIDDLE EAST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down