BeautyMania.biz®'s ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE
Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to ENTERTAINMENT PARADISE! There are already existing topics inside, to view and participate the online forum, you must register first and create an account.

Enjoy your stay!! Please spread the news!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

+6
FRITZGERALD
bonner
sayonako
Dylan
pepper
Ray
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review - Page 2 Empty Re: BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

Post by Eblazer Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Because all your posts are really good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

el_jugador wrote:Thanks for the correction Eblazer. Yep, I meant "final cut" instead of "semis". Entry changed. Thanks for taking time to read the whole post. I appreciate it.
Eblazer
Eblazer
Royal Member
Royal Member

Location Location : Cebu City

Back to top Go down

BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review - Page 2 Empty Re: BB PILIPINAS 2010: A Quick Review

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Hehehe...thanks!

Nicollette Henson, yes! Misa, no. I'd rather see her return in a year or two and get a higher crown like MU or MW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm

el_jugador wrote:I'm 99.9% sure with Gwen, DP! One of the reason why she's on top of my list.

I'm confident also that she can pull the Q and A....
as well as to Henson, Kauffman and Raj
They are the perfect package for me....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Eblazer wrote:Great choices El_Jugador! Actually, we almost have the same top three except for Kleiner. I rather want to see Ross Misa or Nicole Henson for MI[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, just a little sprinkle of spice to your write-up about Toni, actually, she was a semi finalist last 2007. The reason why she failed the final cut was, she was so nervous during the Q&A portion. And you're very right when you said that she must have returned in a wrong year. This year's batch is filled with competitive women.

Nicole Henson Rather for MU..... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MISS COSMOPOLITAN Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:18 pm

the big 3!
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
Pageant Fan
Pageant Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:51 pm

MISS COSMOPOLITAN wrote:the big 3!

Right! There were no major disappointments in last year's results. Hope the same happens this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:25 pm

MUKHANG MAGKAKATUTUO ANG HULA KO KAY MISA
FRITZGERALD
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sayonako Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:07 am

FRITZGERALD wrote:MUKHANG MAGKAKATUTUO ANG HULA KO KAY MISA

na hindi siya makakapasok ng semis?
sayonako
sayonako

Location Location : Clark Pampanga

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:27 pm

sayonako wrote:
FRITZGERALD wrote:MUKHANG MAGKAKATUTUO ANG HULA KO KAY MISA

na hindi siya makakapasok ng semis?

basta. like ko yang si misa kasi [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FRITZGERALD
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Excellent choices and analysis...i just prefer Raj and Kleiner, over, Gwen Ruais, and also I don't like Mariella Castillo for any of the crowns.. there are 10 girls better than her.. but is true that her catwalk "rocks"....
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO
Royal Member- AMBASSADOR OF VENEZUELA

Location Location : Now California/ Florida- USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:07 pm

We have the same Top 5 El_jugador in the same placements if we based it in my predictions.

You can see my post at the prediction thread.

But personally I want Venus to win the universe crown .

Back to top Go down

Post by FRITZGERALD Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:49 am

congrats
FRITZGERALD
FRITZGERALD
Royal Member
Royal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

EL JUGADOR'S THOUGHTS ON BINIBINING PILIPINAS 2010
Thanks OPMB for The Photos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

* The pre-pageant night was a lot better than the actual pageant production-wise. The stage was world class.
* Lady Gaga's Papparazi Remix was a bad idea of an opening song. It was rather boring, unexciting, so meh. The opening gowns looked great on the girls! They looked majestic, making most of them look taller.
* I was not particularly impressed with the Carla Abellana-Dindong Dantes hosting tandem. It was mediocre. Carla's gown was her saving grace! It was so fab! Venus would look great with that gown in Miss Universe. Who designed it? Anyone?

* The Cumbia gowns showcased last night were better ones compared to the previous editions of Bb. Pilipinas. The only "gown" that caught my eye was Rachel Bustamante's. The other were so-so. I was bothered with the "partial" slit on Nicollette Henson's gown. It ruined the gown's supposedly nice design.

* Venus should have won BEST IN SWIMSUIT instead of Krista. Venus's evening gown presentation wasn't really the best. I would have chosen Mariella Castilo over her.
* Ironically, I found Mariella Castillo's catwalk to be lame in the swimsuit competition. Selena Antonio added some bounce and oomphh to her catwalk but it was too late. Most of the girls had flat buns. Only Nicole Kauffman had a nice one.

MY TOP TEN PREDICTION

MU - Gwendoline Ruais
MW - Maria Venus Raj
MI - Krista Arietta Kleiner
1st RUp - Helen Nicollette Henson
2nd RUp - Diane Necio

Selena Antonio
Mariella Castillo
Toni Alyessa Hipolito
Czarina Gatbonton
Ana Marie Morelos

Legend:
Red - Correct Top Ten Prediction
Orange - Correct Prediction and Placement

ACTUAL RESULTS

MU - Maria Venus Raj
MW - Czarina Gatbonton
MI - Krista Arietta Kleiner
1st RUp - Diane Necio
2nd RUp - Helen Nicollette Henson

Mariella Castillo
Gwendoline Ruais
Kate Princess Alimurong
Rose Ann Aguilar
Mary Ann Ross Misa

* I got 4/5 in the Top 5 with 1 correct placement, 7/10 semifinalists plus 1 alternate, Mary Ann Ross Misa. I regret not putting her in my Top Ten to have a better prediction list. You see, she was just too lousy and monotonous but the saying height is might could be true. I should have taken Morelos out. I honestly wasn't impressed with her pre-pageant performance but I was hoping her international exposure would help her. Apparently, it didn't.

* I did not regret not putting Aguilar and Alimurong in my list. They were definitely "surprises" to me.

* Do you still think this is the best batch ever? The Top Ten's answers to the QnA were just sooooooo disappointing. Most beautiful maybe but I'm having doubts with labeling them the "best".

* Gwen was such a BIG, BIG, BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! I thought you wanted to win Universe, Gwen but you were way too lousy and in a hurry in answering the question.
* I so thought Nicollette Henson would grab one of the crowns after winning three special awards. I dunno if others noticed but she became too calm and complacent as seen in her facial expression. She gave a good answer but it didn't have any impact.
* Necio gave the first sensible, unrehearsed answer but she looked less beautiful last night. Will she come back when she's already eligible for Miss Universe? Wish you were taller.

* Of the three queens, I guessed Krista Kleiner's placement (only) correctly but I firmly believe that if based on the QnA alone? I think Krista SHOULD HAVE BEEN Bb. Pilipinas Universe.
* I was shocked with Venus's placement at first. She won Universe despite looking old and harassed and giving a Grade C answer! Then I realized that she's still a good choice. Like I said in my final list, she's the most prepared candidate and I really wouldn't mind seeing her win Universe title. One more thing, she really reminded me of Lia Andrea Ramos last night. If the brainy Lian was ignored...I dunno. I hope her 22 inch waistline will help her but wasn't Lian's 23 inches?!

ON CZARINA GATBONTON'S VICTORY

Czarina was Manila Bulletin's Readers' Choice Awardee. Her victory was really unexpected basing on her answer alone using our native tongue. If I were to reassign the three queens' titles, I'd give her Bb. Pilipinas International.

Believe it or not, I found Czarina the prettiest candidate last night. She was channeling a dusky Maricar Reyes. Her beauty was a breath of fresh air. She was raw, alright but it definitely worked to her advantage.

I really don't understand Pinoys who can't be contented and happy for our queens. Let the foreigners bash them as they have their own so-called international standards of beauty. What I can't accept are Pinoys who can't control their emotions, bash a winner who just went on stage to be herself and compete. Poor Ms. Gatbonton!
Watch out! Czarina wasn't bad at all. She's very pretty, charming and sweet -- a quality common to most Miss World winners. Do not listen to pageant psychic wanna-bes. They are not God.

* The farewell walk of the reigning queens were quite emotional especially for Bianca.
* The queens' reactions were heart-melting. Czarina's reaction was priceless! It made me remember Miss Hungary Universe's reaction when she was called in the semis in 2006.

Til here for now. More insights when Youtube Vids/Pictures start popping out! This is my quick review. What's yours?

Last edited by el_jugador on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 pm; edited 12 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:50 am

I'm so sad for NICOLETTE,MISA,GWEN and MORELOS!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Jugador.. thank you for such a sensible analysis;....It's true, if Henson won so many Pre-awards, she def should have won any of the 3 crowns, and i can see what you are saying about Gatbonton, being an unpolished gem... However, beauty wise alone (FOR ME) she just doesn't have it!....(to be brutally honest).. Sure she is an exotic, pretty Pinay, that we could see working, as a receptionist, or secretary, in any office building.. I don't think Pinoys are not supporting her... Everyone is just voicing their opinion , just like you are voicing your very respectable one, as well....
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 pm

@ Prince

Thanks! I got your point but forummers shouldn't be too harsh on her. Who are we to judge and foresee her as a clapper? That she is doomed in MW? The pageant's recent winners really aren't the most perfect candidates like the Mexicans, Venezuelans, etc. I want to hold on to that fact/trend. Let's give the girl a chance.

It ain't over til it's over.

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:33 pm

el_jugador wrote:@ Prince

Thanks! I got your point but forummers shouldn't be too harsh on her. Who are we to judge and foresee her as a clapper? That she is doomed in MW? The pageant's recent winners really aren't the most perfect candidates like the Mexicans, Venezuelans, etc. I want to hold on to that fact/trend. Let's give the girl a chance.

It ain't over til it's over.

It's true.. she might prove many of us wrong. when the time comes .. that has happened in pageants since they were created (surprises!!!), but , please understand that some of them (and us) are somewhat, or very disappointed, knowing that Kleiner, Henson and Necio were/are much better, which at the long run might cost a crown, or even placing at MW, but is not over till is over, as u said!
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:37 pm

I understand Prince, I understand.
Forummers are free to express their opinions but please let it be as constructive as possible and not calling candidates "names". Don't get me wrong, Prince. It's not you...or did you? Hahahahaha..

For the record, I also think Kleiner should have won BBP MU/MW but it's over for The Binibining Pilipinas Pageant. So be it!

Last edited by el_jugador on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by PRINCE CALIXTO Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm

el_jugador wrote: I understand Prince, I understand.
Forummers are free to express their opinions but please let it be as constructive as possible and not calling candidates "names". Don't get me wrong, Prince. It's not you...or did you? Hahahahaha..

For the record, I also think Kleiner should have won BBP MU/MW but it's over for The Binibining Pilipinas Pageant. So be it!

No problem , baby.. keep it up.....(the good work!( hehe!
PRINCE CALIXTO
PRINCE CALIXTO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 pm

I find gatbonton very Beautiful, so far, her pictures candid or not is very complementing, I must say, that she's one of my bets along with Damian and Matubis when I base my bets on pictures. This lady have more than just what we saw last night and she's very driven and motivated to prove it to the whole World coming this December.

On the other Hand, Her physical attributes is quite good too, not the all hips type but she's more a fit type of a lady, kinda sporty with mystery and class.

I am going to follow her transformation all through out co'z I believe in her and supports her. I even love her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Henson is very consistent and good with her answers like Sandra and karla that's why I find it somewhat unfavored that she didn't win a Crown. She, Ruais and Misa were good, much better than those who won a Crown ( I Must say ) ( Own point of View ) but then and then, only those who have the power can be of authority.

I want her to join Miss Phil.Earth, It's where she can be judge fairly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Ruais, My oh my, You got it Girl, it's too bad that the authorities is not that clear sighted ( dumb )....If you Consider MISS PHIL EARTH, then go there and shake ya tail feather and win that crown. Love You Ruais.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:45 pm

[center]Misa is not flattering in terms of Physique but she damn struck me with her answer...I love your face and smartness Girl, get a toned body and rock Miss Phil Earth...You will be judge fairly there. don't sweat yourself over an old Trunk ill tasted Arena.[/center]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Necio, You have everything in you girl, you know you have it... Just too bad that you need to be put behind by those who thinks they know what we think they didn't know. well, your young and vibrant, forget what happened and go for the Gold, Miss earth is waiting for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Raj, Now you have it...Im proud of you, you work hard for it and you didn't fail. Don't cry yet, your goals is MU and it's not yet in your hands....put everything in you for that MU thingy and rock Trumph ok....Good luck. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next